Romance Series Lists discussion

Paranormal (ACTIVE) > Black Dagger Brotherhood (BDB) -JR Ward (ACTIVE)

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz | 0 comments 1. Dark Lover
2. Lover Eternal
3. Lover Awakened
4. Lover Revealed
5. Lover Unbound
6. Lover Enshrined

message 2: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 86 comments For anyone anxiously awaiting "Lover Enshrined", I just read a review of it in Romantic Times magazine--they gave it 4 stars and said this was the 'darkest emotionally' of all the books so far, that the romance between Phury and Cormia is not the main focus of the book, and that the 'main focus is the revelation of several crucial new plot points that will change everything'. I won't spoil it any more and reveal the rest of the review except to say...I can't wait to read this one! :D

message 3: by Christel (new)

Christel (christelc) | 60 comments Auntee Spill the damn beans but you could private message me the details PLLEASE!!!

message 4: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn Me too! Spill it, Auntee.!!!!

message 5: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz | 0 comments Thanks for the info Auntee! I read one review the other day somewhere else and it was all glowing with a 5 star review. Can't wait to read it!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Not focussing so much on the romance between Phury and Cormia would be fine with me - sorry to anyone who likes Phury - but he is far from my favorite character. I am looking forward to the book regardless.

message 7: by Christel (new)

Christel (christelc) | 60 comments I am still ticked the way she did V's story, Lover Unbound, so she has to do some redeeming in my eyes. But I still want to know!!!

message 8: by Christel (new)

Christel (christelc) | 60 comments OOOO I know the Poop!!! OMG, this is gonna be one heck of a book

message 9: by Kathrynn (last edited Apr 23, 2008 05:51AM) (new)

Kathrynn Yep, can't wait for it. Lot's of changes in store for them!

message 10: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Okay I don't normally do the paranormal genre and have avoided it for soooo long. I just ordered Dark Lover and am going to see what all the fuss is about. :)

message 11: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 86 comments You won't be sorry, Pamela!

message 12: by Christel (new)

Christel (christelc) | 60 comments Nope you will not be sorry and you will be sucked in like the rest of us. I never read Vampire or paranormal until y'all started in on me and then I read BDB and I be hooked!!!

message 13: by jenjn79 (last edited Jun 07, 2008 11:38AM) (new)

jenjn79 | 409 comments Mod
I haven't read this series, and don't plan on it, but can somebody give me just a small synopsis of what it is about overall so I don't feel so completely clueless when everybody seems to be talking about the books?

message 14: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 77 comments The Black Dagger Brotherhood are a group of warrior vampires who are the protectors of their race. Most of the vampires live freely among humans who are none the wiser to their presence, but a group of undead humans, or lessers, have been relentlessly pursuing them for centuries with the intent of annihilating the entire race. The BDB are their only line of defense, but when the series begins their ranks have been reduced to only six. Each book follows one of the brothers and their mate, while also progressing the overall story of the vampire world. Unlike some series where a new character is introduced in one story to become the hero or heroine of the next, all the characters for the most part play a role in every book, making it very intertwined.

Hope this helps. If you'd like more details, just let me know.

message 15: by jenjn79 (new)

Ah, okay. Gotta question...is there something about yellow eyes in this series?

message 16: by Julianna (last edited Jun 08, 2008 05:37PM) (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 77 comments All the brothers have unusual and striking eye colors. The twins, Zsadist and Phury, have yellow eyes, but Z's turn black when he's upset.

message 17: by jenjn79 (new)

Ah, that's what I thought. Now something I know about another book makes sense. Sort of.

message 19: by Megan (new)

Megan Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6) by J.R. Ward Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward and also The Black Dagger Brotherhood An Insider's Guide by J.R. Ward

The 9th book will be out next year and be about Manny and Payne