Bookmarks Subscribers discussion

Q and A > What book did you just start?

Comments (showing 2920-2969)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 59 60

message 2969: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1063 comments Started Magpie Murders Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz on audio.

message 2967: by Jeana (new)

Jeana (JeanaLovesBooks) | 45 comments Just started Never Coming Back by Alison McGhee

message 2965: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1063 comments I started The Fire Next Time The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin by James Baldwin in honor of MLK Day.

message 2964: by Gail (new)

Gail W. | 26 comments Seven Days Dead by John Farrow

message 2962: by Gail (new)

Gail W. | 26 comments Above The Waterfall by Ron Rash

message 2961: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1063 comments Started Beartown Beartown by Fredrik Backman on audio and The Women in the Castle The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck. Got the latter in some giveaway - I got a lot of giveaways in 2017.

message 2960: by Linda (new)

Linda | 939 comments In the Wash The Rona Shively Stories by Rebecca Benston In the Wash: The Rona Shively Stories that I started hoping to get it done before the end of the year to round up my total for 2017 to an even 130 and The Grave's a Fine and Private Place (Flavia de Luce, #9) by Alan Bradley The Grave's a Fine and Private Place

message 2959: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 368 comments First book of 2018 La Belle Sauvage (The Book of Dust, #1) by Philip Pullman

message 2958: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1063 comments I started Kindred Kindred by Octavia E. Butler for my book group and The Twelve Dogs of Christmas The Twelve Dogs of Christmas (Andy Carpenter, #15) by David Rosenfelt on audio for the holiday season. The Andy Carpenter mysteries are always enjoyable.

message 2956: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1063 comments Started Seven Days of Us Seven Days of Us by Francesca Hornak on audio. I'm wavering back and forth between being annoyed and amused at the characters. We'll see how it ends up.

message 2955: by Linda (new)

message 2954: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1063 comments Started The Late Show The Late Show (Renée Ballard, #1) by Michael Connelly on audio. I've enjoyed Connolly's books before and this features a new female detective. It is read by the actress Katherine Moennig, who I really like in the show Ray Donovan.

message 2953: by Gail (new)

Gail W. | 26 comments Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz

message 2951: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1063 comments Started Dear Martin Dear Martin by Nic Stone on audio and I'm dabbling in The Four Agreements A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Miguel Ruiz The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom which I've read before, but years ago and we're currently discussing it in my women's group.

message 2949: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1063 comments I thought we had gotten past the "(fill in the blank)-ist " title phase, but I see Gail is reading one and I recently started The Immortalists The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin. I also started Notorious RBG The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg by Irin Carmon Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg on audio.

message 2947: by Gail (new)

Gail W. | 26 comments The Tobacconist by Robert Seethaler

message 2946: by Linda (new)

Linda | 939 comments Betsy wrote: "Linda wrote: "Reading The Railwayman's Wife by Ashley Hay The Railwayman's Wife and listening to A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman A Man Called Ove"

Geor..."

Yes, he does, Betsy. This is the second Newbern narrated book that I've listened to recently. It helps to be able to visualize the face behind the voice.

message 2945: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1063 comments Linda wrote: "Reading The Railwayman's Wife by Ashley Hay The Railwayman's Wife and listening to A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman A Man Called Ove"

George Newbern does a good job with Ove.

message 2944: by Linda (new)

Linda | 939 comments Reading The Railwayman's Wife by Ashley Hay The Railwayman's Wife and listening to A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman A Man Called Ove

message 2942: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1063 comments I am starting As I Lay Dying As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner for my book group. I've only tried reading one Faulkner (The Sound and the Fury) and couldn't get through it. I hope I have better luck this time,

message 2941: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1063 comments I started The Resurrection of Joan Ashby The Resurrection of Joan Ashby by Cherise Wolas on audio.

message 2940: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 476 comments Have begun the young adult book Refugee by Alan GratzRefugee after hearing strong, positive reviews for it.

message 2938: by Gail (new)

Gail W. | 26 comments Seven Days of Us by Francesca Hornak

message 2936: by Linda (new)

Linda | 939 comments Started reading Circe by Madeline Miller Circe and listening to John Adams by David McCulloughJohn Adams

message 2935: by Linda (last edited Oct 10, 2017 08:45PM) (new)

Linda | 939 comments Listening to Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie book:Half of a Yellow Sun|26827125] and Black Beauty by Anna SewellBlack Beauty(I never read it as a child) and reading It Takes Two Our Story by Jonathan Scott It Takes Two: Our Story.

message 2934: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1063 comments I'm listening to My Absolute Darling My Absolute Darling by Gabriel Tallent (very dark and disturbing) and trying to start Fresh Complaint by Jeffrey EugenidesFresh Complaint which I unexpectedly got from the downloadable library, but I am not having a lot of time to read.

message 2932: by Gail (new)

Gail W. | 26 comments Evelyn After: A Novel

message 2930: by Linda (new)

Linda | 939 comments Reading Kindred A Graphic Novel Adaptation by Damian Duffy Kindred: A Graphic Novel Adaptation. I've been aware of this book since it appeared on my son's list of options when he was in high school (more than 10 years ago). I am so enjoying this that I will probably read the non-graphic version. Good story line.

message 2929: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1063 comments Started Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good (Mitford Years, #12) by Jan Karon. It's been a long time since I have visited with the Mitford crowd. It's like coming home.

message 2927: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1063 comments Started The Husband's Secret The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty on audio and Measuring the World Measuring the World by Daniel Kehlmann in print.

message 2926: by Linda (last edited Aug 29, 2017 09:11PM) (new)

Linda | 939 comments Sour Heart by Jenny Zhang Sour Heart a book of short stories I'm listening.

message 2925: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1063 comments Started Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis Hillbilly Elegy A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance on audio
and picked up one I started long ago and never finished (I'm not sure why since it is pretty good) Blacklands Blacklands by Belinda Bauer

message 2924: by Linda (new)

Linda | 939 comments Miss Kopp's Midnight Confessions (Kopp Sisters #3) by Amy Stewart Miss Kopp's Midnight Confessions. I love this series. Just what the doctor ordered after two heavy politically based nonfiction reads.

message 2922: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1063 comments I started Garnethill Garnethill (Garnethill #1) by Denise Mina to break up the politics of Naomi Klein.

message 2920: by Gail (new)

Gail W. | 26 comments The Veins of the Ocean by Patricia Engel

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 59 60
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Special Topics in Calamity Physics (other topics)
The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate (other topics)
Wolf Hall (other topics)
People of the Book (other topics)
The City of Dreaming Books (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sapphire (other topics)
Walter Moers (other topics)
Richard Adams (other topics)
Chris Cleave (other topics)
Mahbod Seraji (other topics)
More...