Romance Series Lists discussion

Category/Series (COMPLETE) > MacGregors - Nora Roberts (COMPLETE)

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jenjn79 (last edited Apr 04, 2009 07:12AM) (new)

jenjn79 | 409 comments Mod
MacGregors - Nora Roberts

Summary: A multi-generational family series. There are 2 historical tales, but the series is mainly about a boisterous Scotsman and how he plays matchmaker for his children and grandchildren.

**NOTE: there are two different orders to this series. One is the order they were published, which starts with Daniel's children, the goes backward in time, then forward, etc. Or they can be read in timeline chronology (historicals to present), which is what I recommend.

Order Published
1. Playing the Odds
2. Tempting Fate
3. All the Possibilities
4. One Man's Art
5. For Now, Forever
6. In From the Cold - Harlequin Historical Christmas Stories (anth)
7. Rebellion
8. The MacGregor Brides
9. The Winning Hand
10. The MacGregor Grooms
11. The Perfect Neighbor

Timeline Chronology
7. Rebellion
6. In From the Cold - Harlequin Historical Christmas Stories (anth)
5. For Now, Forever
1. Playing the Odds
2. Tempting Fate
3. All the Possibilities
4. One Man's Art
8. The MacGregor Brides
9. The Winning Hand
10. The MacGregor Grooms
11. The Perfect Neighbor

*** NOTE: A number of these stories are now found in anthologies:
The MacGregors: Serena & Caine (Playing The Odds; Tempting Fate)
The MacGregors: Alan & Grant (Tempting Fate; All The Possibilities)
The MacGregors: Daniel & Ian (For Now, Forever; In From The Cold)
The MacGregors: Robert & Cybil (The Winning Hand; The Perfect Neighbor)

Nora Roberts
Rebellion (MacGregors #1) (Harlequin Historical #4) by Nora Roberts Harlequin Historical Christmas Stories 1990 (includes MacGregors #2) by Nora Roberts For Now, Forever (MacGregors #3) (Silhouette Special Edition #361) by Nora Roberts Playing The Odds (MacGregors #4) (Silhouette Special Edition #225) by Nora Roberts Tempting Fate (MacGregors #5) (Silhouette Special Edition #235) by Nora Roberts All The Possibilities (MacGregors #6) (Silhouette Special Edition #247) by Nora Roberts One Man's Art (MacGregors #7) (Silhouette Special Edition #259) by Nora Roberts The MacGregor Brides (MacGregors #8) by Nora Roberts The Winning Hand (MacGregors #9) (Silhouette Special Edition #1202) by Nora Roberts The MacGregor Grooms (MacGregors #10) by Nora Roberts The Perfect Neighbor (MacGregors #11) (Silhouette Special Edition #1232) by Nora Roberts

The MacGregors Daniel & Ian (MacGregors #2 & 3) by Nora Roberts The MacGregors Serena & Caine (MacGregors #4 & 5) by Nora Roberts The MacGregors Alan & Grant (MacGregors #6 & 7) by Nora Roberts The MacGregors Robert & Cybil (MacGregors #9 & 11) by Nora Roberts

message 2: by Christel (new)

Christel (Christelc) | 60 comments I love this series and All of them are on my to keep bookshelves

message 3: by jenjn79 (new)

Me too. It's one of my all time favorite series. Daniel MacGregor is one of the greatest characters I've ever read.

message 4: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) | 9 comments I agree with you Isis - I think Daniel is the greatest ever written! This was one of my favorites series.

message 5: by jenjn79 (new)

There's something really real and down-to-earth about the books. You can read them and most of the time actually picture the stories really happening.

My two favs are Playing The Odds, and The Winning Hand.

message 6: by Lizz (new)

Lizz | 43 comments My mom liked this series

message 7: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 38 comments This one of the best series ever!!

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate Maeda (katmajic) | 1 comments Thanks so much for this. It's information I used to know and now that the books are coming out as audiobooks I was trying to remember "my" reading order as opposed to publication order. Thanks for saving me the trouble!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Playing the Odds (other topics)
One Man's Art (other topics)
Rebellion (other topics)
Tempting Fate (other topics)
The MacGregors: Serena & Caine (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nora Roberts (other topics)