This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

I hate Bono

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jackie "the Librarian" Uno, dos, tres, catorce! snort

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Oddly, I like him better as an activist than I do as a musician.

Jackie "the Librarian" I like Bono, he just can't count in Spanish.

message 4: by RandomAnthony (last edited Apr 20, 2008 07:49PM) (new)

RandomAnthony When I was eighteen I waited outside the Ritz-Carlton with all my friends to meet Bono and the rest of U2. We also snuck up to the hotel's tea room and ordered tea. Of course, we thought tea was going to be, like, two bucks but tea turned out to be about 40 bucks at the Ritz Carlton...like a full tea-service thing. We were horrified and had no idea how to pay but suddenly the bill was covered. Bono waved at us from across the huge tea room. I'm pretty sure he and whomever he was with covered the bill. So Bono's ok by me.

message 5: by Tesse (new)

Tesse (hooksinmyhead) Thank you, Sarah Montambo and KD!

I hate Bono and U2 and I am not ashamed to admit it.

Being a child of the 80's I still resent that their crappy music was overplayed on every "new wave" or "modern" radio station in California.

I don't have a problem with activism, quite the opposite, I just think that Bono is irritating, arrogant and smug. I want to slap his face every time I see footage of him (many people have this effect on me but I'll save them for another thread).

message 6: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments Who else? Who else? I'm dying to know?

I'm slightly annoyed by Bono's personal shopper/mandresser. Who picks out those tight jeans and oh-so-slightly askew "cowboy" hats he wears?

I bet he drinks tea with his legs crossed at the knees.

message 7: by Summer (new)

Summer (summerbp) I hate Bono because he thinks he's Jesus.

message 8: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments I hate that Tessa hasn't come back to answer my question.

message 9: by Tracy (new)

Tracy so, have any of you seen the southpark that features bono?

"have you ever wondered why, no matter how much good stuff he does, he still seems like such a piece of crap?"

message 10: by April (new)

April (escapegal) Not only does he drink tea cross legged, but I guarantee he holds his pinkie out like a mother-lovin priss.

message 11: by Lori (last edited Apr 22, 2008 03:53PM) (new)

Lori (tnbbc) I hate that most of you hate Bono.
He is HOT (Number one)
His early U2 stuff is AWESOME (number 2)
He's helping the world unite and be a better place (number 3)
And He's FUCKING HOT (Number 4)

not to mention the accent is HOT.

message 12: by April (new)

April (escapegal) I think Lori has joined a cult. She has obviously lost her mind and all free will.

message 13: by Tesse (new)

Tesse (hooksinmyhead) Sorry about the slow reply, Sally! It's the end of the semester and between being a TA, a student and an employee I am maxed out for time and stress.

So, people I want to slap every time I see their face on TV, in a magazine or in a movie (a highly abbreviated list):

Elijah Wood (ooh I want to smack that perpetually introspective dreamy emo look right off his pointy face)

Any adolescent cast member on The Sopranos

Elton John (the whole Diana/Marilyn thing and the smug campaigning for Hillary)

Carlos Mencia (and most other "comedians" but, wow, is he not the least bit funny)

Ethan Hawke (see Elijah Wood)

Lara Flynn Boyle (her semi inflated, uneven lips bug the crap out of me)

Skeet Ulrich (my partner was watching Jericho while it was still running or else he would not rate)

The entire cast of Sex in the City (really, do I need ot go into detail?)

Okay, I'll stop there but I could go on for a good long while.

Any one else care to weigh in on who needs a good healthy smack?

message 14: by Summer (new)

Summer (summerbp) Tyra Banks!

Brittney Spears? Though I think she needs more than that.

Any person who is currently a spokesperson for Proactiv acne treatment. Those commercials drive me insane.

message 15: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments Ooooh I want to smack:

Laura Dern

Elijah Wood (except for Everything is Illuminated

Jennifer Beals/Bette Porter

News anchors

Quentin Tarentino (except I would probably just kick him in the shins and then run away)

Sting

Bono

this guy in my Teaching Reading class

Jackie "the Librarian" I'd like to sneak up on Donald Trump with an electric shears, and remove that monstrosity of a hair helmet from his head.

Sean Hannity could use a cream pie in the face. Smooshed around real good.

message 17: by Sally (last edited Apr 22, 2008 09:22PM) (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments I forgot about Katherine Keener. She ruined

A. Being John Malkovitch
B. Things You Can Tell Just By Looking At Her
C. The Ballad of Jack and Rose

somehow I stomached her in the 40 year old virgin. But not quite, my gag reflex was still quite stimulated for days after it.

I just liked her in Into the Wild. Dunno Why. I was probably already hate overloaded by Eddie Vedder, and numbed to her gap-toothed canned tuna voice.

she gets a wet trout to the kisser.

message 18: by April (new)

April (escapegal) Katie Couric. Bill Gates (as previously mentioned). Sarah's ex. Not necessarily in that order.

message 19: by Tesse (new)

Tesse (hooksinmyhead) Great Lists!

Sting and Eddie Vedder are high on my list of slapability.

It's nice to personalize it. I'd smack Sting with a Nag Champa scented sweat-stained yoga mat and Eddie Vedder with...anything with a nail poking through it. I fucking hate Pearl Jam.

I am going to add celebrity chefs Rachael Ray and Emeril Lagasse. I have a friend who is very into the food network and man are those two irritating.

Jackie "the Librarian" Me either, not getting the Bill Gates hate. His foundation gave my library system lots of free computers.
And he never rubs his wealth in our faces, with the partying and the Cristal and the Bentley. Does Bill Gates even stay up late?

message 21: by April (new)

April (escapegal) Yes. I know. Bill Gates is a wonderful human being. I'm sorry I ever wrote that. It is a deep-seated hate that I can't control that has to do with introducing a product to the market, causing a big stir about getting the latest technology and then introducing something even better 2 days later. I'm sorry. It's a sickness and I can't afford to go to counseling to fix it because I have just spent all my money purchasing an iPhone that will load the dishwasher, rake leaves and break up with my boyfriend for me...if only I could figure out how to turn it on.

Jackie "the Librarian" He does????

message 23: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) Sarah that pic was HOT... Holey hell what I wouldnt do to that man given half a chance....

Seth, you're just jealous. Your sunrise/sunset cant compete with such a fine male specimen. Dont hate him because he's beautiful.. Haa haa...

It helps that he has that accent .. it makes me weak in the knees.

ahhhhh.....

message 24: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) I hate Bono... I have always hated Bono... I shall always hate Bono. From the moment I saw him strutting around on the Embarcadero stage, so in love with himself it was amazing he could even see other humans, I have hated him. He DOES think he is Jesus, Summer. And U2s music borders on the sounds of Xtain Rock (nothing scarier than Xtian Rock).

Still Little Fingers is how U2 would sound if any of them had any balls at all. Which they don't.

message 25: by Tesse (new)

Tesse (hooksinmyhead) Charissa and KD, I now officially love you.

Two people who know good music AND hate U2.

Sigh....

(see, I brought it back around to hate)