Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Dead Poet's Society

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Fantastic movie on so many levels!!!

message 2: by Joanie (new)

Joanie | 86 comments I love this movie but it absolutely kills me. I watch it always kind of hoping that it will end differently, it's so sad. I love it though, it's so good.

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (dwell_ondreams) I watched it years ago & remember liking it, but it's been so long I don't really remember it. I'll have to watch it again one of these days. . .

message 4: by Becky (new)

Becky | 51 comments This movie will always bring me to tears! It was one of Robin Williams best!

message 5: by Connie (new)

Connie | 12 comments Thinking of this movie, allways make me think of Carpe Diem and Robin Williams

message 6: by Thobbit1217 (new)

Thobbit1217 Jones | 6 comments a classic movie will acted

message 7: by Mandy (new)

Mandy There were definitely tears for me, a movie that makes you think, gosh, I don't want to be like that to my kids and Carpe Diem!!

message 8: by ScottK (last edited Jun 14, 2008 08:13PM) (new)

ScottK This is one of my all time favorites, I have seen it maybe 20 times and each time I watch it with no loss of attention. Beautiful cinematography, great story awesome actors etc etc. LOVE. IT.

message 9: by Manuel (new)

Manuel | 469 comments didnt like it at all.
unrealistic, predictable.
meaningless platitudes strung together.
teenagers getting up in the middle of the night to recite poetry...laughable.

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael (fatmangoboom) | 4 comments Very good movie... it is something a lot of young men should see...

Robin Williams is amazing in it...

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurahogan) Agree completely with every word Manuel said, and would add "trite" and "phony."

message 12: by Ceci (new)

Ceci (cecialbiceleste) | 529 comments I agree with Manuel and Laura... One of my least fav movies. It's so predictable and much too melodramatic. I especially hate the ending, not because it was moving, but because it's so silly and pompous.

message 13: by Faith (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 81 comments i love this movie! when the classroom stands on their desks when robin williams goes to leave. that is the part that always makes my eyes misty. i love that not everyone in the class stood on their desks. it made it more powerful for me.