TV We've Just Watched discussion

Cancelled/Series Ended > Desperate Housewives

Comments Showing 1-50 of 432 (432 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Angie (last edited Apr 19, 2008 09:36PM) (new)

Angie I am hooked on this show like it is a soap opera, which it sorta is. Anyone else?

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 24 comments I love this show too. It's funny, suspenseful, sexy and dramatic. Plus the acting is superb. It's the best night time soap since Dallas and Falcon Crest!

message 3: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (musshel) I love this show. I watched it last night. It's wonderful.

message 4: by Liz (new)

Liz | 16 comments I look forward to Sunday nights because of this show!!

message 5: by Holli (new)

Holli Who is everyone's favorite character on this show? I love Gaby for her spoiledness and Lynette for her realness. Bree comes in 3rd because her character is fascinating to me......Susan irritates me to death!!

message 6: by Angie (new)

Angie I actually like Susan! HA! I like her because she is so ditsy it is fun to watch!

message 7: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments QUESTION from 5/11 show.....
Forgive me I only watched on and off last season so I am lacking in a few details.

I'm a little confused about Bree's child/grandchild. I knew it's really her daughter's kid but I didn't know who the father was.
I thought when Edie went to Bree's house she said she knew her NEPHEW was the father of the baby. AT the end of the show Edie was on the phone with I assumed her nephew but it sound like while talking to him she refered to herself as "mommy".

Can someone fill me in?

message 8: by Holli (new)

Holli Roxy......Bree's daughter had sex with Edie's nephew and she got pregnant. Bree faked a pregnancy while sending her daughter away to have the baby and Edie's nephew left town. When she came back Bree and Orson took the baby for theirs.

Edie has a son that doesn't live with her and that is who she was talking to on the phone before she left town.

Hope that helps!

message 9: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Thanks, Holli.
I knew about the baby cover-up but I never knew Edie had a kid. I must have missed those episodes. Has he been seen? Is there a possibility that son and nephew are one and the same?

message 10: by Angie (new)

Angie I don't think her son can be the same as her nephew. Her son it younger than her nephew.

message 11: by Holli (new)

Holli Edie's nephew is in his early 20's and her son is a little boy.....her son kinda just showed up one episode...he wasn't on long. He lives with his father but I'm not sure of the background of that story.

message 12: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Is anyone else completely dumbfounded by the Dylan-mommy-daddy story line? I'm watching the 5/18 episode right now so maybe they'll give me a hint but I'm totally lost. Dylan's not either of their child?!

message 13: by Angie (new)

Angie I thought that Dylan just isn't the dad's daughter?

message 14: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments The dad watched an old home movie from when they were a "happy family". Dylan fell off her bike, needed stitches and ended up with a big scar on her elbow. There is no scare on Dylan's arm. that would mean that the little-Dylan from the home movie is not the same teen-age Dylan thus making her a "stranger" to Catherine & dad.

message 15: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Finished watching....
Dylan qustion answered. Silly me for posing the question too soon.

The "5 years later" ending had me wondering if DW was on the canceled list......until I watched the whole thing. I've got to learn to wait and see what happens.

message 16: by Angie (new)

Angie I just finished watching the season finale. Dylan's dad ( I don't know his name) is crazy! How scary.

And I don't know about that whole 5 years later stuff. Does that mean next season will be based on 5 years later? I just didn't really like the ending.

message 17: by Holli (new)

Holli I had read online somwhere that they were either going to end the show with a "5 years later" or 5 years before" ending and I'm glad it was later!! I can't wait.....I think it will be exciting to see how everyone got to where they are over that 5 years....Gaby with kids??!! Susan with Katherine's ex??? Obviously Bree is super successful now......and maybe Edie will be back!!

message 18: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Oh wait, was that Adam, Katherine's ex, with Susan?!

Very interesting way to end a season. Its quite a commitment.....assuming they start next season as a few days/weeks/months later rather than jump to the 5 year mark, they will have to speand the next 5 years working up to those little clips. Very interesting. And poor Edie wasn't even mentioned in either episode!

message 19: by Holli (new)

Holli Actually Roxy....I'm wrong.....that's not Adam with Susan. Its a new character we haven't seen yet!! Sorry about that =) Here is a little something from TV Guide regarding last night's finale-----

"But now that the five-year time-leap has played out on our screens, I ask: Did I really spoil anything? This is not Lost, where the Season 3 flash-forward completely altered our perception of the show and its narrative, at the same time raising a half-dozen questions integral to the series.

No, Housewives' temporal shift is simply a smart move to freshen up a serial coming off of one of its stronger seasons. Sure, we could have watched life on Wisteria Lane play out in "real time," but to do so handcuffs the storytellers. Storylines are limited to being about "the next beat," the next betrayal, the next lie, the next illicit romance. Instead, Housewives' writers have altered their mission to one of "filling in the blanks." They basically gave themselves a five-year head start, and now can play catch-up.

How did Gaby come to be a mom to two kids? Is Carlos still in the picture? How did Bree and Orson arrive at a reconciliation? What officially launched Bree's Martha Stewart-like career? Will we get to meet the older versions of the Scavos' juvenile delinquent twins, or are they off to off-screen reform school? Why is Susan kissing Gale Harold? (And why is Susan the only one who got to keep her 2008 hairstyle?)

When the idea of the flash-forward first was whispered in my ear, it registered as a super-savvy move. Watch it on Sunday night confirmed it (though I was expecting at least one more head-scratcher). TV serials can be so meandering, desperately trying to segue from storyline A to storyline B. That's why this Desperate measure is sure to pay off."

message 20: by Angie (new)

Angie I wish Edie would've been in the 5 years later clip. I know she is evil but sometimes I feel bad for her. And I've always thought she should be featured in the beginning credits. They only show the other 4.

message 21: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 9 comments i love deperate house wife.It is really enjoyable to watch

message 22: by Holli (new)

Holli Me too Angie! I think she'll be back although there has been talk she's leaving the show. I wonder why they don't show her in the beginning credits?? I've never noticed that before.....is it because they consider her a supporting actress to the other 4?

message 23: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments perhaps it is to show that being evil will never get you in the spot light for long. LOL

message 24: by Angie (last edited Sep 29, 2008 11:13AM) (new)

Angie Season's back! Did anyone watch last night's show? So it all takes place in the future now?

message 25: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I saw it. I didn't realize they were actually going to move forward 5 years, I thought they were giving a peak at what was to come but would still build up to it. I guess this makes more sense.

So what's the deal with Edie's hubby....mind controling paroley or something? And we Bree was always a bitchy control freak but man did she just get bitchier and more selfish!!

message 26: by Angie (new)

Angie Yea and it was crazy Danielle took the baby. I am surprised the show just jumped 5 years. Wasn't expecting that. Not sure yet if I like that. But I guess they were adding in new plots.

message 27: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (mattsmama) | 52 comments I liked it. I have no complaints.

message 28: by Holli (new)

Holli Me either....I love that they fast forwarded 5 years.....great thinking on Marc Cherry's part :)

message 29: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments It is an interesting way to freshen up the show but it really screws with it "real time". Like are they still in 2008 or are they in 2013? Or will they just never make reference to a year. OR am I just over thinking the whole thing?

message 30: by Angie (new)

Angie I don't know either, I feel like things might have changed more in 5 years. But I guess it was only the first show of the season.

message 31: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I stopped watching DH in season 2 and came back. I like the fast-forward. It certainly makes things more interesting. I actually like this show again.

Love Lynette's character, cannot stand Susan.

message 32: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I did the same thing Stephanie....stopped watching for awhile because the drama was just too much for me. Not that I expect realism but a little logic would be nice. I came back end of last season.

Lynette is the best. She's so blunt and honest. love that

message 33: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 24 comments Dudes! Why are Lynette's twins 16? They couldn't have been more than 9 last season. And Susan and Mike not being together any more cuz she's neurotic/obsessive? HELLOOO!?? That's what Susan IS! I didn't get that and it made me sad. My partner was angry that Carlos was still blind and I kinda agree. He's one of my favorite characters.

I love this show and missed it soooo much!

message 34: by Angie (new)

Angie I am also surprised that they have kept Carlos blind. I don't know why but I thought it was something that would be cured.

message 35: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments Ditto, Stephanie and Roxy...Holli, I agree Marc Cherry did a very cool thing to perk up the show.

SPOLIER maybe:

I read somewhere that Carlos does get his sight back later in season...?

Peace and love,

C

p.s. Did everyone congratulate Holli on getting in print? So Cool, GF!

message 36: by Holli (new)

Holli Thanks Courtney!! And yes I do believe you are right about Carlos and his sight ;)

message 37: by Angie (new)

Angie 5 years later he finally gets his sight back? OK that is soap opera!

message 38: by Dolly (new)

Dolly (dollya) I really enjoy Desperate Housewives.

I'd like for Carlos to get his sight back too, I thought it would be back after the 5 year thing before I read the previews.

I am also glad the show is back on after that long break. I love to read, but I like to watch some tv once in a while too:)

message 39: by Holli (new)

Holli I read a bit of juicy gossip right now about this show.......

*******SPOILER******

Apparently a fire destroys Wisteria Lane in November and someone doesn't make it. When they asked Dana Delaney to comment she says its a man and a woman...........

message 40: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments The men are not safe in that neighborhood!

message 41: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) | 215 comments I enjoyed this Sunday's episode. This whole five-year thing has been a bit odd. It looked like Gabi became 20-pounds lighter and a few years younger in one weeks span. I would like a bit less of the constant tension and more entertainment on that show. It's always great when the housewives our neighbors unite even though it doesn't last for long.

message 42: by Angie (new)

Angie What is going on with this... in order to make Gabby poor they take off her make-up and put her in clothes that I would wear on a weekend. That is poor? That is annoying!

message 43: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (mattsmama) | 52 comments I read in TV guide that the guy playing Susan's new boyfriend was in a Motorcycle accident. It was pretty bad and he's still recovering. But it looks good for him. They did have to rewrite an episode due to his recovery.

Here's a recent news article on the actor.
http://www.startribune.com/entertainm...

message 44: by Holli (new)

Holli I heard that too Vicky. Horrible huh? I just saw an update this morning on him that said he's out of ICU so that's good.

message 45: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I'm confused.....ARe Gaby and Carlos poor? But Carlos doesn't work, does he? How could they keep there house and both not work?
I didn't think they were trying to make Gaby look poor.....just like a stay at home mom of twins.

I heard about the accident too. I'd heard that his character is pivotal in the Nov. sweeps story.

message 46: by Angie (new)

Angie Oh I thought they were trying to portray them as having no money, which then I wondered how they could keep their Mcmansion. I can see her being tired for sure.

message 47: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Ok, in the flashback in the 10/26 episode Gabriell says that neither one of them have a job. Carlos has the idea of becoming a message therapist, since you don't need sight for that. But I'm not sure they ever confirmed that is what he decided to do.

message 48: by Holli (last edited Oct 27, 2008 05:09AM) (new)

Holli That is what he does. In a recent episode he was giving a massage to one of the country club members and the towel had slipped up and Gaby walked in the house seeing EVERYTHING of the man on the table!! LOL too funny..........

That's why they aren't invited to the Club anymore by their old friends. Because no one wants to invite the "help" after Gaby made him move his practice there instead of at home.

message 49: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Thanks, Holli. I must have missed that episode.

message 50: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments I nominate HOLLI for the most informative blogger on any topic!!!!

I thought the show on Sunday was "seamless"! I loved the way one scene flowed from one to the next with the couples. Who is Edie's husband after? Mike? I'm a little sick of him always being the "bad guy"...I'd like to see Susan and Mike get back together over their son (whatever soap opera disorder of the week is). I used to like Lynette but talking about making someone a buzz kill...

peace!
xo

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9