The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Music, Movies, & Miscellany > Yummy-yum-yum

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

whichwaydidshego | 1996 comments Mod
I was looking for the threads we had on food, and it appears all those discussions were in other threads. So here's this one.

THIN MINTS.

LOL

message 2: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup."

message 3: by Sarah (last edited Apr 18, 2008 01:40PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) My husband promised he'd take me to dinner at the Japanese steakouse tonight. I ate lunch at 10:45 this morning so I'd be sure to have plenty of appetite tonight.

Meghan, there's a place right down the street from my house. We should go there!

message 4: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

Oh, I'm soooo jealous! You want a third... I might have just enough time to get ready and get there. ")

message 5: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

Have you TRIED it? "D

message 6: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

Okay, but I can just EAT then and admire you.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Michele, I think we're loopy. I think we should remove this thread and start over. LOL

message 8: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

Oh yeah, and Brian will see it on the RSS feed then be sooo disappointed at my food meaning. HA!

message 9: by Sarah (last edited Apr 18, 2008 10:30PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) You know, I'm kind of peeved at that Brian. He joined this group and got us all excited and then hasn't posted here since.

*Gasp* He's not even a member anymore!

Darn you, Brian! *shakes fist* I fart in your general direction!

message 10: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

I know... that first week he teased us all with these great conversations and then pull up stakes and deserted us.

Maybe he was just pissed we didn't pick The Portable Dorothy Parker that time. Maybe he's really a girl like that.

message 11: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

Well since I'm not invited to dinner (sheesh) I think I'll go have my first coffee of the day (espresso, of course - or maybe an iced latte).

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I'm headed out in about a half an hour for my iced triple espresso with butter caramel.

message 13: by Robbie (new)

Robbie Bashore | 592 comments Sarah. Ha ha! I love that line! There's also the one, "What are you doing to do? Bleed on me?"

message 14: by Meghan (new)

Meghan You ladies are crazy without your caffeine!

And Sarah, what is right down the street from you? (Sorry, I didn't respond - was at dinner with Shelia having Korean and sushi. Holy poo I ate too much. Michele - one word. Sushi. heh)

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) The Japanese steakhouse is right down the street from me! We could put Jade in the stroller and walk, that's how close it is. It's right at the end of my road.

message 16: by Sarah (last edited Apr 18, 2008 10:28PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) OK, seriously, Michele? This thread is just silly. Can we delete it and start a different one about food?

Or just delete the silly comments. I'm gonna delete mine.

message 17: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

Sarah, now mine comments don't make sense. And our Brian conversation doesn't make sense. But whatever. I'm not going to delete. I like that we can be silly in this group.

Meghan - you're KILLING me with the Sushi. I want Sushi. I want and Oompa Loompa NOW Daddy!!! I mean, Sushi... ")

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Michele, your new avatar seriously freaks me out.

message 19: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

Hahahaha! I think it's so dang funny. I only changed it because you were changing yours at lightning speed!

message 20: by Meghan (new)

Meghan I just had sushi Friday night. Did I just say that? I'm sorry. But it was just that good. Along with the Korean food. It was the perfect Asian restaurant. It had Japanese, Chinese, and Korean. It was heavenly.

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I don't know if I've ever had Korean food. I've had Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese, and Thai.

message 22: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

When I was a kid our close friends from church were from Korea... So I used to have kimchi - made authentically spicy - as a child. I loved it! I know I had plenty of other things, but after all this time I still remember loving that.

It's true, though, even in the most cosmopolitan areas you don't see a lot of Korean restaurants. The four you mentioned, Sarah, but not so much Korean. Too bad!

As a funny side note, one of my childhood pets, a rabbit, had a Korean middle name!

message 23: by Robbie (new)

Robbie Bashore | 592 comments I used to babysit for a man who liked to make kimchi, complete with putting it in a clay pot and burying it in the yard for a period of time!

message 24: by Shannon, the founder of fun (back from sabbatical) (new)

Shannon | 254 comments Mod
Hey all - I guess I took a bit of a self-imposed sabbatical from here. Glad to see you are all as lively as ever! Mmmmmm..... sushi.

message 25: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Yeah, I hate Kimchi. I think it's gross. And I don't like super spicy food. So I do question my authenticity of my Korean-ness. But bi-bim-bap (rice with veggies and meat on top) and bulgolgi (sweet beef) are my favorite.

Korean bbq is really fun too. But you can't really get that here in the Midwest.

message 26: by Meghan (last edited Apr 22, 2008 07:09AM) (new)

Meghan I do like that you get a bunch of "appetizers" before your meal though (generally kimchi and some other veggies). A lot of people who go to a Korean restaurant are like "I didn't order that". But it's just traditional and it comes with the meal.