Cover to Cover Challenge discussion

2010 Archive > Catherine Lynn's List 2010

Comments (showing 51-85 of 85) (85 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 2 next »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 51: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Finished #30, The Bride's Farewell by Meg Rosoff. It was okay, I gave it 3 stars. Pretty depressing.

message 52: by Catherine (last edited Mar 15, 2010 09:12AM) (new)

Catherine Drove to Iowa and back this weekend so I finished two audio books. #31, Nightwalker by Heather Graham, and #32 Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. Both were excellent audio books. I gave Nightwalker 4 stars and Stargirl is definitely a 5-star book.

message 53: by Catherine (new)

message 55: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Finished #34, Death of a Valentine by M.C. Beaton. This series is a lot of fun.

message 56: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Finished #35, The Haunted Hotel by Wilkie Collins. An old-fashioned ghost story.

message 57: by Catherine (new)

Catherine FINALLY finished #36, audio book of Little Women. I must have read an abridged version when I was younger because I don't remember it being that long!!! I thought I would never finish!

message 58: by Catherine (last edited Mar 21, 2010 04:57PM) (new)

Catherine Finished another audio book today, The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare. What a great book. It tells a great lesson of friendship, loyalty, acceptance, tolerance, and yes, there is some romance thrown in too! I gave it four stars. That makes #37 for the year so far. I have a head start for April already, which is great!

message 59: by Catherine (new)

Catherine #38, Murder on the Cliffs: A Daphne du Maurier Mystery by Joanna Challis. I gave it 3 stars. I liked it but it seemed to move a little slowly in the middle.

message 60: by Catherine (last edited Apr 08, 2010 05:20PM) (new)

Catherine Home sick from work today and both my kittens were sick too. What a fun day. The good news is I finally got to do some reading and finished 2 books: #39, There Goes the Bride: An Agatha Raisin Mystery and #40, Chasing Darkness. Both very good books and entertaining. I always enjoy the Agatha Raisin books. The Elvis Cole book was great and a surprisingly fast read!

message 61: by Catherine (last edited Apr 12, 2010 09:19AM) (new)

Catherine Finished #41 this weekend, T is for Trespass. I absolutely adore these books. STILL not finished with my audio book (Nineteen Minutes) and it's now several days late at the library. *sigh* I'm totally enjoying it, it's just taking me a loooong time to finish!

message 62: by Catherine (new)

Catherine I finished #42, Nineteen Minutes, audio book version. Finally!! I'll return it tomorrow and pay my late fees ...

message 63: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Finished #43, The First Rule by Robert Crais. Love this series.

message 64: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Finished #44, Daughters of Eve by Lois Duncan. I thought I had read a lot of her books when I was younger, but in re-reading them so far they aren't familiar at all! I really think I would have remembered this one too, since it dealt with some pretty serious and intense subjects. When it was published I was only 8 years old, so for sure I didn't read it then, but I know I read some of her books as a teenager. The problem is, my memory isn't what it used to be ... *sigh*

message 65: by Catherine (new)

Catherine I need to read 4 more books this month to stay on goal, but with the Read-A-Thon next week I'll be fine, probably even be ahead at the end of the month!

message 66: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Finished #45, The Dead Fathers Club by Matt Haig. This was an audio CD. I did not like it. I thought it was a Young Adult book, but it was a modern retelling of Hamlet narrated by a 12-year-old boy. I found it disturbing. I thought about quitting a few times but decided to stick it out until the end. The only good thing about it is that finishing it took me from triple to double digits for my yearly goal.

message 67: by Catherine (new)

Catherine I have three books in progress that I'll be finishing (or trying to finish) during the Read-A-Thon. One of them is going to be tough. So far it isn't holding my interest, but I'm only on page 12. Hopefully once I get into it I'll like it more.

message 68: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Finished Breathless by Dean Koontz, #46. Two more to go for April!

message 69: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Finished #47, Ransom by Lois Duncan.

message 70: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Finished #48, The Help by Kathryn Stockett. This book is AMAZING. I highly recommend it. 5 stars.

message 71: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Didn't finish any other books during the Read-A-Thon but have 3 books going and I have made good progress on all three.

message 72: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (Sleo) Catherine wrote: "Finished #48, The Help by Kathryn Stockett. This book is AMAZING. I highly recommend it. 5 stars."

ITA! Loved it!

message 73: by Catherine (new)

Catherine I already have a list of people who want to borrow it.

message 74: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Finished #49, The Mystery at Lilac Inn. Just a fun short book that I started for the Read-A-Thon and just now got around to finishing. Still working on the other 3 that are in progress.

message 75: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Finished #50, Die Trying by Lee Child, #51, One Bad Apple, and #52, The Third Eye, thanks to the Read-A-Thon, which is still in progress. I also started The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Special Assignments, and I'm reading a friend's unpublished novel as well. My only problem is that I haven't been able to make any progress in Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. I think because it's depressing and the narrator keeps hinting that it's going to get worse. If I manage to stay up late tonight, hopefully I can at least make some more progress in it.

message 76: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Finally finished a book, and it is #53, AND it is Snow Flower and the Secret Fan! I felt like it took me forever! I was right, it did get more depressing, but it was very interesting. I'm finishing up the month of May in a deficit, but I have the whole weekend to read, so I will get caught up eventually!

message 77: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Finished #54, an unpublished novel by my friend Craig entitled "Intimations of Immortality". It was good, he is a very gifted writer (although I didn't like the ending)!

message 78: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Finished #55, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Five stars! I loved it.

message 79: by Pat (new)

Pat | 277 comments Catherin,

We have read a lot of the same books - The Help, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan.

The Girl was the Dragon Tattoo was my favorite. I have since read The Girl Who Played With Fire and have been looking around for the third one which I think is called The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.
Solinger is such an unlikely heroine!

message 80: by Catherine (new)

Catherine I don't have the second or third books either. I will try to get them from the library if I can. I'm really looking forward to reading them!

message 81: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Finished #56, Daddy's Girl by Lisa Scottoline. This one was a little different than her others but I really liked it. I always enjoy her books, even more so since I was about to meet her in person. She is one of the nicest people I've ever met!

message 82: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Just realized I need to finish my "Read the Rainbow" challenge by the end of June. Oops!! I'll be working on that this weekend! Also signed up for the Summer Reading Program at my library yesterday. :-))

message 83: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Finished #57, Death at Bishop's Keep by Robin Paige.

message 85: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Finished #59, The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate. Liked it a lot!

« previous 1 2 next »

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Dutchman (other topics)
Wedding Rows (other topics)
Plum Lucky (other topics)
Killing Floor (other topics)
An Unmentionable Murder (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Janet Evanovich (other topics)
Lee Child (other topics)