This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate the stupid new guy at Starbucks

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) The whole reason I go to Starbucks and not a smaller coffee company is because, usually, I can get the same drink made the same way at any location, wherever I am. Theoretically, I always know what my drink will taste like. And I like that. But the stupid new guy at my favorite Starbucks screwed up my order! I hate that! I had to repeat the order to him three times and he still didn't get it right! Grr!

message 2: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments That sucks. You should go to the starbucks across the street.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Sally, LOl that was funny! guahahhhaha nice!

message 4: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments There was a subway moron who once put three pickles on my sandwich. All flat and evenly spaced, one pickle per two inches. So I ask the moron for more pickles. He adds one pickle to each section.
My day was ruined.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) You should go to the starbucks across the street.

Wish I'd said it!

The sad thing is, there is another Starbucks a block and a half away. But they are slooooooow at that Starbucks and there is always a 20 minute wait.

message 6: by Summer (new)

Summer (summerbp) Take it from someone who works in a chain coffee shop...there is definitely not consistency among baristas. Technically there should be, since we have recipes, but hey, we're people, not robots. However, many baristas are stupid. One time I ordered a mandarin orange latte from an independent coffee shop and it tasted like a shoebox. I'm pretty sure there was no orange in it, mandarin or otherwise.

And I f***ing hate Subway employees who decide that 3 is "a lot." And 3 seems to be a magic number; I asked for "a lot" of black olives on a 6-inch sub once, and she gave me 3, evenly spaced out. I'm generally pretty nice about stuff, but I made her add more. I mean, damn.

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa a) Sometimes it's not their fault. When I was 15, my first "real" job that wasn't babysitting was at a Subway. At that time, the rule was that if someone asked for olives, a six-inch got four little olive slices and an eight-inch got eight. Seriously. When no one was looking, I'd sneak in an extra olive slice.

b) From now on, I'm calling every rule-bound, logic-less idiot a Pickle Moron. I love it! And aren't you actually glad that the pickle moron at the hardware store wasn't allowed to use the real power tools? I bet someone would be missing a digit, and it might not have been the pickle moron, because life isn't always fair.

c) I only go to Starbucks on Sundays, because on weekdays I can get coffee at work or a marvelous place near work that serves Stumptown, and on Saturdays I go to the campus coffee shop at the college near my apartment. But Sunday, I don't go to work and the campus coffee shop is closed. So I go to the Starbucks. And every time, I order a 16-ounce coffee. "Okay, grande coffee." Was it really necessary to correct me? I mean, come on, should I correct you next time someone orders a "macchiato"? And then they ask me if I want room. No. I don't want room. And I get a 16-oz cup with 12 ounces of coffee in it. Maybe 13. You ASKED if I wanted room! How did you get confused?

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) OK, Lisa, I know we've had our differences here, but this was fabulous:

I bet someone would be missing a digit, and it might not have been the pickle moron, because life isn't always fair.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Ha! I HATE YOUR WIT! I HATE YOUR WIT!

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) My mommy made that bonnet.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.