TV We've Just Watched discussion

Cult Series > Smallville

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie Has anyone watched this series? I think it is a great take on the superman story. I am sad that next season will probably be the last.. but it has been a good series so far.

message 2: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (dwell_ondreams) | 126 comments I've seen a few episodes, here & there. I'm not a Superman fan (at all - Batman is my #1), so I never really got into it. Though Lex Luthor is pretty cute. . .

message 3: by Angie (new)

Angie Too bad Lex won't be on next season! SAD!

message 4: by Faith (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 133 comments i love this show but......it has been really pissing my off lately! clark is driving me nuts! he keeps whinnying and not doing anything! plus the lana thing didn't make sense! how did clark not get back in time to see her leave! she had time to recover! get a video camera! tape a video! check out of the hospital! all before clark could get there! also clark was very little moved by lana leaving him forever. i get it i know that lana needs to get the hell out of smallville! that poor girl has been beaten up emotionally by the men of smallville something fierce! but it was so anticlimatic! and didn't work for me!

no lex! that is a different story! his character has been the only consistant story that has been growing ever stronger and more evil. it's awesome to watch!

how many times can clark fix the tractor! get off that farm and become superman! which of course is a conflicting emotion cuz then no more smallville. but i am pretty sure next year will be their last.

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie I am also sure next season will be the last. Both Lex and Lana's actors did not sign on for next season. And the actress who plays supergirl will only play in a few episodes. Chloe almost wasn't going to be on next season, her contract was up and she wasn't going to sign a new one so they must've offered her more money. Oh and the producers for the past 7 seasons have left as well.

soooooo Hopefully next season will lead into more getting Clark to be superman. He needs to fly already!

message 6: by Faith (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 133 comments i know the flying thing drives me crazy! fly already! bizarro in his body has already flown, and when he came back and did not know who he was when he met lois lane the first time, he flew then. fly! plus in the VERY first episode clark told his dad that he dreamed he was flying and when he woke up he was floating above his bed. come on 7 years ago clark could float a couple of feet above his bed in his sleep! fly!

message 7: by Angie (new)

Angie Love this show! I am sad this is the last season!

message 8: by Allen (new)

Allen Allen (audiovore) | 222 comments Wait, Punville is ending? Finally! For surely the shark was jumped long ago when Lois Lane was added...

I am still stuck back in the middle of last season. The only reason I really watch is cause so much time has been invested I can't give it up. They've done a few things well, but generally they just make mockeries of key Superman events/characters.

message 9: by Angie (new)

Angie At least the season opener is moving Clark along. Getting him out of Smallville and onto being Superman. I see the have added a lot of new main characters. With Lex out of the way I see that they are going to still try to make his business the bad group behind everything.

message 10: by Faith (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 133 comments i hate to say it but i agree with you too allen.

the last season was SO FRUSTRATING and the only reason i was able to keep on going was A the things you stated and B LEX and supergirl. at least super girl was kicking some A**! i really am not a super girl fan but i loved when she kept pushing clark trying to get him to freaking fly already and she said sorry it's just so easy!

but LEX was awesome the last season! he was really growing into a super villain! it was awesome to see! as clark was still at the farm fixing that stupid tractor yet again!!!!!

i am torn with the new season! super girl and lex are not in this last season. honestly trying to make this evil woman up to lex standards is really disappointing although i know they are just trying to work with what they have been left with.

all i can hope is that clark will finally FINALLY become Superman! and they will stop putting in filler shows!

message 11: by Angie (new)

Angie I didn't know supergirl wasn't in this season? How did her story end? I don't even remember!

message 12: by Faith (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 133 comments i can't say for sure she is not in this season as i have not read anything...but she is not in the open credits.

message 13: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (mattsmama) | 52 comments I STILL love the show. I have no complaints. It still has Clark and Chloe... so I am happy.

As for Supergirl... she'll be in one episode this season according to this. http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/08/29/sup...

She was trapped in the Phantom zone last season.

message 14: by Angie (new)

Angie Love the addition of Doomsday!

message 15: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) | 105 comments Glad to know I am not alone on the flying thing... I am not overly sad that this is going to be the last season...

It is just typical of the CW/old WB shows... (Charmed)... they keep focusing on these big event shows and it feels like we get slighted on the overall story....

I lost interest, but I feel like I have invested too much time so far to really blow it off... I guess I will just get the DVDs when it ends and finish it off...

BTW - I head in the entertainment updates that Lex is going to play Freddy Kreugar... I hope that is true... I love a good nightmare on elm street... The actor's dad is actually my boss... I haven't gotten up enough nerve to ask him about his son though... lol

message 16: by Faith (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 133 comments i am really liking the turns that smallville is taking. it makes me so happy to see clark take more action in becoming superman. i am so tired of watching him fix that freaking tractor! and i will miss chloe....almost as much as clark! she has carried the show so much sense she found out clarks secret! chloe and lex carried the show for me last season! clark was just pissing me off!

but i think the writing has gotten better this season so far. we shall see!

message 17: by Angie (new)

Angie What do you mean you will miss Chloe? You mean you will miss that she knows about Clark's abilities?

message 18: by Faith (last edited Nov 16, 2008 01:02PM) (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 133 comments i mean i will miss the chloe that she has become. she has always been a fun character. but...ever since she found out clarks secret she has truelly been one of the core background characters of the show. i felt especially last season that her and lex carried the show for me.

clark was too busy fixing that damn tractor and judging everybody.

so what i mean by saying i will miss chole. is i will miss how much her character knowing about clark played in the series. think about the past two seasons...how many times did we see chloe because she was helping clark...compared to how many times she was in the story. she no longer works at the daily planet which personally is still weird for me.

i agree with clarks decision especially after chloe downloaded too much info to that one guy and he went into a coma/died. that was dark for chole and really showed that she was willing to destroy/kill for clark but i am still sad because i really liked having chloe in the know.

message 19: by Angie (new)

Angie This won't be back till Jan 15th!

message 20: by Angie (new)

Angie The December 8, 2008 "What The Keck" column in TV Guide magazine features an interview with one of Smallville's executive producers, Darren Swimmer, where he reveals that "actor availability" might keep get in the way of a ninth season next year, despite successful ratings for the show. He says Tom Welling is ready to hang up his cape so there might not be a season 9!

message 21: by Angie (new)

Angie Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy finally make their live-action debuts, on tonight’s “Smallville.”

Good news!

message 22: by Angie (new)

Angie The episode with Lana and Clark breaking up again... come on just get clark and lois going! And I am dying to know if there is going to be a 9th season or what?

message 23: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (mattsmama) | 52 comments Well, Chloe is back in the know... so that's no longer an issue.

I can't wait till the show comes back. Some sort of magician chick is supposed to allow Clark to BE Superman. It'll be interesting to see what kind of twist they give it.... a dream, alternate reality, turn back time... ????

message 24: by Angie (new)

Angie Turns out there is going to be a season 9, the CW picked it up again! The magician chick is a comic book character... her name is Mistress of Magic here is an article about it.. can't wait:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansite...

message 25: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (mattsmama) | 52 comments I will be glad to see a season 9. How cool is that? Not many shows get to reach that point, especially these days.

I also saw that John Glover is going to be playing Sylar's father on Heroes.

message 26: by Angie (new)

Angie I didn't hear that about John Glover, that is great!

message 27: by Faith (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 133 comments i didn't like last night episode. it felt like a filler and it was VERY annoying.

message 28: by Angie (new)

Angie Smallville always has filler episodes! I just want story line! I heard that by the end of this season two people will die and one is a veteran. So that makes me think the only person that can be is Cloey since Lana's actress has stated that both she and Lex are in a contract to show in the series finale.

message 29: by Myra (new)

Myra | 406 comments I agree it'll probably be Chloe. When the Legion visited Smallville from the future to help with Brainiac they said they knew nothing about a Chloe Sullivan, only Lana Lang and Lois Lane. Makes me think that her influence on Clark's life ends before he becomes Superman.

message 30: by Angie (new)

Angie OH yea! I forgot about that!

message 31: by Angie (new)

Angie UGHHH.... I was a little disappointed in the season finale. I mean the doomsday/superman show down was a let down. And did superman fly or what? I know that next season they are probably going to have him go back in time and bring back jimmy and probably lois. I still thought that this show wasn't all that!

message 32: by Myra (new)

Myra | 406 comments Angie wrote: "UGHHH.... I was a little disappointed in the season finale. I mean the doomsday/superman show down was a let down. And did superman fly or what? I know that next season they are probably going t..."

I read an interview with Aaron Ashmore today that said he was going to LA for auditions since he's out of Smallville. Apparently, Jimmy's little brother is expected to be the Jimmy Olsen we grew up with. Ashmore said that the comic book fans never embraced a Jimmy Olsen that was the same age as Clark and Lois. He's supposed to be about 10 years younger. So I guess Jimmy is gone for good. But I do expect there to be a hunt for Lois next season.

message 33: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Jimmy Olsen's name at the funeral wasn't the real Jimmy Olsen. The little brother thing makes more sense to me now. I had a hard time with that actor because he played an a$@hole on Veronica Mars and I always saw him as that character.

I think Clark just jumped when he grabbed Doomsday. It was a huge let down after the build up. I thought this was going to be the final season, but I guess not.

message 34: by Angie (new)

Angie I read this from an interview with Alison Mack:
The latest with Smallville is that we have another season [after this season’s finale on May 14:]. Tom has signed for two more, so the show will go until season 10. I will be completed with my contract next year, and I am looking for new and exciting ways to carry out my character’s exit. I love living in Vancouver, it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I love the people, the food, the aesthetic, and the life I have built here. It’s wonderful."

message 35: by Angie (new)

Angie Next season it will be moved to Fridays. Looks like it's on it's way to cancelville!

message 36: by Melissa (new)

Melissa This was supposed to be the last season. For what ever reason, it was extended and I think the time slot was already given to a new show.

message 37: by Christie (new)

Christie i don't like to have the show aired on friday but oh well...
i hope it is going to be the last season because it take too long to wait for clark to fly! i hope this season going to be a great :)

oh, btw, did u noticed clark is getting a little fat?

message 38: by Pam (new)

Pam December (ginger15) | 60 comments It makes sense that the show will come to an end. The writers probably don't want to impede on the Superman movies. I only watched a few episodes last season & am doing my best to watch this season.

message 39: by Jackie (last edited Oct 16, 2010 08:03AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Hi everyone.
I love Smallville. When if first started I didn't think it'd last and here it is 10 years later. I had to borrow the early seasons so I could catch up.

Last night's episode was one of the best I've seen. Everything seems to be coming together. Brianiac was a good surprise. Though when he first appeared, I thought, Ugh, not again.
I didn't like Lois at first but she's grown on me. Dancing under the disco ball in the barn was romantic and sweet. I adore Clark.

message 40: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kheckart) | 456 comments I stuck with this show even though a few times I was going to give it up because it seemed they got off-track on the story. I even got kind of annoyed with Clark. Sometimes he comes off really cold, but he is an alien so probably doesn't have the same human emotions. The one thing I really like about this show is it always seems like a big production with a cool sound track that adds to the drama. This last episode was a good one with them showing Clark in the future.

message 41: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I think Clark is sometimes too good, like he's so afraid to do or thing or feel anything negative. It's gets tiresome. And the overprotective theme is wearing thin. But I still like the show and Clark.

Any BSG fans here?
Wasn't that hilarious, the dude who played Saul Tigh on BSG comes back at the end of the ep with an eye patch. I was screaming with laughter. I know, I've got a sick sense of humor.

message 42: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kheckart) | 456 comments Jackie, I thought that was funny too at the end with that actor and the eye patch just like in BSG.

message 43: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments And he's got to be part toaster too. LOL This is going to be good. I can hardly wait.

message 44: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Did anyone get Smallville tonight?
I have it listed in my Scheduled Recordings but it recorded a repeat of vampire Diaries from last night.

message 45: by Angie (new)

Angie I am a few episodes behind, but I love this season. Best season they have had for a while. Now if only Clark would fly!

message 46: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Spoilers say he will. And supposedly Lex is coming back for the finale.

This season has been great. I wasn't thrilled with the end of the last episode. (view spoiler)

message 47: by Dee (new)

Dee | 7 comments I have always loved Smallville but i was disappointed this season. i wanted them to go out with a bang but i havent seen anything good yet. i hope the season finale lives up to my expectations.

message 48: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I like that we're getting closer to the Clark Kent we know from comicbooks, movies, etc. But sometimes, the episodes are so random and pointless. In all fairness, it must be hard staying on the air for 10 years and keeping it fresh and new. Some things this season have been good, others not so much. I would have thought there'd be more a build up to something spectacular for the finale. Next week better blow my socks off or I'll be really pissed.

message 49: by Dee (new)

Dee | 7 comments That just happened! The last episode of Smallville! I could never imagine it being over, but it actually is. I loved the way it ended. i love the build up, to the moment he flew and the moment he wore the suit. Im going to miss watching it Friday nights. You defiantly lived up to my expectations and I didnt expect anything less!

message 50: by Jackie (last edited May 13, 2011 08:18PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments The finale couldn't be better, it was perfect in every way.
I'll miss Smallville. We were fortunate to have it run as long as it did.

« previous 1