Axis Mundi X discussion

Which quadrant are you on?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Who wrote those questions? They seemed pretty slanted, to me. Not all of those issues are so cut-and-dry and I noticed a lot of verbiage that liberals like to use.

Servius  Heiner  | 1980 comments Mod
Wow, I always thought I was a man without a country. But apparently I am right there with Friedman; as a libertarian right.

Honestly I don't think that was an accurate "gauge" there where a lot of sweeping general questions that are simply not easy to put into a one line question. And a few loaded questions as well. It was fun though.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I was closer to the middle than I expected. I suspect it's because I'm sympathetic to gay issues?

http://www.politicalcompass.org/print...

message 4: by B. (new)

B. (briant) | 99 comments Very cool site. I am way down in the lower left hand corner. I seem to be in good company in my quadrant...Ghandi, the Dalai Lama, and Nelson Mandela.

message 5: by Theresa (last edited Apr 16, 2008 09:34AM) (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) That was interesting.

I am Libertarian - in the Left. In exactly the same spot as you, Koeeoaddi.

message 6: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 1818 comments Mod
I'm dead center in the green square. But I already knew that I'm a bleeding heart liberal. I voted for Mondale.
Some of those questions were oddly worded, though.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/print...

{:-O Oh no! I am a sheep amongst wolves...Thank the Almighty the Pope is in town to protect me...

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAGUH... slight variation of Alfonzo’s diabolical laugh.

message 8: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Middle of the bottom left quadrant. Economic -5.75 and Social/LA -4.72.

I'm just below Gandhi, which is cool, but I think I outweighed him.

message 9: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

Ha! Me, too.

message 10: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Yeah, Jackie, we're right next to each other!

(Does the libertarian left secret handshake)

message 11: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill | 1062 comments hmmmmmm right / libertarian. Pretty close actually. However, I had to laugh at their graph of the US 2008 primaries. ha ha ha...oh yeah....everyone is right/authoritarian. heh heh. too funny. And Kucinich should be on a chart that incorporates Mars.

message 12: by Summer (new)

Summer (summerbp) This reminds me of the tests we had to take all during political science... When the majority of the students had no idea what the questions were really asking, so everyone ended up about the complete opposite of what they'd previously thought they were.

Like most everyone, I'm in the upper-middle bottom left quadrant. Economic -5.25, Social -3.54

There really were some strange questions in there, though, like "abstract art that doesn't represent anything shouldn't be considered art at all." I'm not sure what we're being slanted at there, except maybe the use of negatives in that question mean that if you agree, you're a bad person.

This one is moderately amusing as well:

http://www.3pc.net/matchmaker/quiz.html

message 13: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (last edited Apr 16, 2008 10:16AM) (new)

does the secret liberal handshake with RA
Did you know that Kucinich took Maui? Sounds like Mars a bit.
My husband is more liberal than me. How much more? My house was a Kucinich campaign office in 2004. He was a very popular candidate here in Olympia. Boy, that was an awful election year. Poor Howard Dean.
I'm liberal, but I vote Democrat. My husband voted for Nader. Sigh.

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) http://www.politicalcompass.org/print...

I haven't read y'all's posts yet (Ha! That sounded cuntry.)

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Aaaallll by myyyy seeeeeeellllllf
Don't wanna be
Aaaaallll by myyyy seeeeeellllllffff
anymore

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) King, me too! I love Kucinich. I still laugh every single time I think of that Daily Show episode when they interviewed his wife and called her a FLILF.

message 17: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

FLILF? Huh?

message 18: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Yeah. First Lady I'd Like to Fuck (or Fool around with for you no-swearing types).

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Ok, NOW, I've read all the posts. I didn't see that there were more Kucinich's over there on page 1.

I was bummed when he dropped out. I was about ready to print bumber stickers:

"Kucinich 2008. Take Me to Your Leader!"

message 20: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

I voted for Kucinich in the caucuses 4 years ago, but I knew it was a lost cause. Too bad, really. Because, can you imagine a Kucinich administration? The mind boggles.

Sarah it's just me and you. I'll swing by the bank, and grab some cash. I'm going on the lamb! You can come with if I can bring some Banana Boat }:-D

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I'm afraid I need to know the color of your square, Nick.

Right below Friedman... bottom right. [:-/

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I'm in the blue square. So I'm still allll byyyy myyyyseeeeellllffff.

message 25: by Paul (new)

Paul Bryant Nothing surprising from me, way over in the left towards communism (shudder and (surprising for me, because I do admire the firm smack of a leftist government which knows the right targets) fairly libertarian too. But actually I hate libertarians! They have no standards! Who's Kucinich? Or is it a band?

message 26: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Hmmm... Paul, I heard a rumor that you are the meanest person next to Hitler.

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Good one, Donna! I want to be part of that band for sure. I've been looking for an excuse to learn the harmonica.

message 29: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

Paul, Dennis Kucinich is a very liberal Democratic congressman from Ohio who ran in the 2004 election. He is for universal health care, is pro-choice, and advocated for a Department of Peace to replace the War Department.

He is short in stature, and the right wing media found him very easy to mock. Heck, everyone did. He has been mocking himself, lately.

Here's the link to the Wikipedia article about him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_k...

message 30: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Jackie, your wiki post was so much more thorough than mine. You win the "goes all the way" award. :)

message 31: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

Awww, shucks...
Hey! I didn't realize I was that kind of girl!

message 32: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Well, I didn't mean it to sound dirty. Sorry. What about the "110%" award?

message 33: by RandomAnthony (last edited Apr 16, 2008 01:18PM) (new)

RandomAnthony I wish I was mature enough not to read lowbrow implications into every statement I read here. But I'm glad I'm not the only one who does.

message 34: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) I do it, too. But for some reason, I never notice when I'm the one posting lowbrow. Figure that one out...

message 35: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Um...thanks?

Ha, I like having you around, Donna. You add a lot here. Seriously.

message 36: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) I think RA deserves the "most gentlemanly" award. I've been noticing this about him for days now.

message 37: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

110% award is lovely, thank you.
I do the same thing, making unintentional double entendres, I mean.

message 38: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) Hahahaha! I have been enjoying Donna allover GoodReads today. That sounds dirtier than I intend it, btw. But I laughed out loud here in the computer lab to the rocker-applesauce image.

looooooovin it.

I am suprisingly up in the red box, close to center, but still - Authoritarian? wtf? Says who?

message 39: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Well thank you, ladies. I, however, have a dangerous and mysterious image to uphold.

*lights cigarette, puts on leather jacket, adjusts glasses, hides book*

message 40: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Please take a picture. I want to see Leather Jacket Anthony as your new avatar. :)

message 41: by RandomAnthony (last edited Apr 16, 2008 01:45PM) (new)

RandomAnthony Crap. I don't have a leather jacket. I'll put on a suit. A dangerous suit. Like that Bond guy.

message 42: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

Yes, do, RA!

message 43: by Paul (new)

Paul Bryant Dennis Kucinich's wife is English, and 6 foot tall! Hell, I never knew that. Mind you, I never that Dennis Kucinich actually existed until a couple of hours ago. And you know I didn't really care. There's a girl in my office who's about 6 foot tall and wears high heels, and has started going out with a guy from my office who's 6 foot 7 - they're a giant couple. It's kind of cute in a Moving Redwood Trees of California way. But Dennis Kucinich is not 6 foot 7, and he's old enough to be her grandfather, so that's creepy. What's going on? Oh, I get it, he's really rich. Same old story then. What a bore.

message 44: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 3620 comments Mod
I haven't had time to read through this thread today, but I managed to escape from the packing process long enough to take the quadrant test.

I am 3 clicks in from Center to the Left, and three clicks down from the center toward Libertarian. Another few clicks in that direction and I'd be the Dalai Lama. LOL!!

message 45: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Slightly Left, Libertarian, a couple of graph lines in on each...not quite Gandhi...yet.

message 46: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Economic Left/Right: -1.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.77

message 47: by Hayley (new)

Hayley | 576 comments I'm a Libertian, middle left - just like Ghandi.

message 48: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Koe, my morning has reached perfection now. Love Janis.

message 49: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill | 1062 comments I feel your pain Paul...the ol' sugar-daddy/trophy-wife combo. hmmmmm, so why didn't he get the Fred Thompson treatment?

because he is not a republican... why even ask NB

« previous 1