Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Star Wars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie Ok these movies are great! I grew up loving YODA. The newer movies episode 1-3 were so-so. They really didn't live up to my Star Wars standards. I hear it is because Lucus directed them also. I even started a group on here I like Star Wars so much. Who would think movies could suck people into a whole world? Some day I need to go to the Star Wars convention.

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul Duncan (jpaulduncan) | 68 comments Yes, but how do you really feel?

message 3: by Angie (new)

Angie HA!

message 4: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (dwell_ondreams) Best friggin' movies EVER MADE. Darth Vader is the best character EVER. I was extremely disappointed with the prequels, but after watching them a few times, I see that they're not QUITE as bad as they were the first time. Phantom would be good if it weren't for Jar Jar; Clones would be good if it weren't for Hayden & his aversion to sand. . . . Sith is just damn good. The dialogue sucks, but the movie itself is excellent; it tells a fantastic story (though it makes me kind of hate Obi Wan - brother my ass, you don't leave your brother behind with no limbs & on fire). And Hayden's less horrible (still bad, but less so). The OT is pure heaven. I can literally watch these movies over & over again (in the same month or even week) & not get tired of them.

message 5: by Schmitty (new)

Schmitty (tastygreenjelly) I loved episodes 4,5,6,1 the rest bombed, i ecspecially hated the most recent one, the fights were not nearly as intense as in the oringinals, by the way i hated that girl who played Anakin all he did throughout the movies is cry

message 6: by Angie (new)

Angie That girl who played Anakin, that was great!

message 7: by Manuel (new)

Manuel | 469 comments Spike has been running the Star Wars series for the last few weekends.

I still enjoy the original 3 movies......however the last one was a bit anti climatic.........Teddy bear picnic indeed!!!

I just watched Phantom for the first time in years.
I still hated it.
Especially the kid who played young Anakin. No screen presence at all, you would have thought George Lucas could have looked harder for a kid who can deliver his lines without sounding as if he just learned them two minutes ago.
Everyone kept saying young Anakin is special...I couldnt see any evidence of it from this kid.

Yes all the special effects are great, but the plot line seemed overly complicated. I was yawning and I couldnt wait for the movie to end.