The Fantasy Supporters discussion

What is your favorite fantasy novel?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caron (new)

Caron  (caron_sharp) | 4 comments Twilight and Eclipse...OK, these are girly fantasy books.

Kerry (The Roaming Librarian) O'Donnell | 1 comments My favorite fantasy "novel" is a series by Anne Bishop called the Black Jewel Trilogy. Within the original series are 3 books called Daughter of the Blood, Heir to the Shadows, and Queen of the Darkness, and I've been reading them about once a year since I was about 14 (almost 10 years now). They're fantastic, and if you haven't read them, you should try them out. Very different from most every fantasy series I've read.

message 3: by Ron (new)

Ron | 1 comments My favorite book is Luthiel's Song by Robert Fanney. It's about a girl who's an orphan raised by elves. On her birthday she gets a magical gift called a Wyrd Stone and then discovers that her sister is chosen to be a sacrifice to demons called Vyrl. After that, the story turns into an amazing adventure with a lot of twists and turns. So I don't want to give it away. But I will say that Luthiel is a fantastic character among a great cast including my favorite werewolf ever -- Othalas.

This is a great story for guys and girls both.

message 4: by Celeste (new)

Celeste (celestelueck) | 1 comments I really like the Twilight series, the Lord of the Ring series, and the Dark is Rising series, but my favorite is probably The Merlin Years series by T.A. Barrons

message 5: by Beth A. (new)

Beth A. (bethalm) My favorites are.. Enchantment by Orson Scott Card, The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, and anything by Terry Pratchett.