60 Minutes and the Assassination of Werner Erhard: How America's Top Rated Television Show Was Used in an Attempt to Destroy a Man Who Was Making A Difference 60 Minutes and the Assassination of Werner Erhard discussion

Is 60 minutes just sensational infotainment?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (last edited Jan 21, 2010 05:54PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mary I recently saw the video Transformation: The Life and Legacy of Werner Erhard and it reminded me about this book and when 60 minutes did their piece on Werner Erhard. This book really shows how a few people with an ax to grind can manipulate the media. It is a cautionary tale that we all should know about. 60 Minutes and the Assassination of Werner Erhard

message 2: by Joanne (last edited Aug 12, 2010 02:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joanne I agree with your assessment Mary. 60 minutes is much more like infotainment than reporting these days. And it was stuff like their unprofessional hack job on Werner Erhard that paved the way for all the irresponsible TV & video shows that are all over the airwaves and internet these days. We should have learned the lesson back then, but sadly we did not. I like what Jane Self has to say on the topic... http://janeself.com/Book_about_Werner...