Books I Loathed discussion

Loathed Titles > Mameve's Chamber Pot story (How Elizabeth Barrett Browning Saved My Life)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erik (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:57AM) (new)

Erik Mameve Medwed's very interesting name decided me on reading “How Elizabeth Barrett Browning Saved My Life.” I want to be saved and I'll read this book. No one wanted this during a B&N dot sale and I took home as free.
The lead babbles over every worry and informs me, the reader, she will get there, the point, the conclusion, but she forgets or enfolds herself in her bed and worries again. She does offer delightful tangents and kept me intrigued throughout most of her life choices. These choices decreased her self esteem and angered my small bond with her, “Why are you doing this to yourself? Stop!”
There is a James Bond seduction allusion that she decides to wear and then shame and guilt and self-loathing arrive; She's not a sexually carefree man. Two-thirds within (reporter on scene) begins my cheat, jumping past babbling paragraphs and latching onto dialog. The second antique to 'save' her life and the concluding decision ended my full interest. I smacked and twisted the paperback: can't wring any sense in this person I cared for, through many pages; I folded corners to remember paragraph eloquence-insight. After twisting, it was trashed. I calmed down enough to skim the last paragraph and then decided to no longer pursue her story.

A book's ability to exhort these angry flares of discomfort, though not addicting, is offering a wondrous change of mind and I reasoned this was a the group to join.

message 2: by Clare (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:19PM) (new)

Clare | 53 comments I saw Mameve Medwed in person and she gave a fascinating description of how she came to write this book. By the way, her first name is a combination of two grandmothers' names. Mameve is a wonderfully engaging person and I enjoyed the book a lot. Different strokes for different folks as they say. Clare G.