I can stop any time . . . I promise, really. discussion

Magazines

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renee (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:57AM) (new)

Renee Hi! I am a Special Educator and I have a near obsessive passion for magazines! I have actually cut down on my purchases because I force myself to sit in the store and read the magazine then decide if I want it. Anyone else with the same kind of challenge?

message 2: by Lulu (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Lulu | 2 comments Along with my passion for the written word, of course - I am also obsessed with magazines. As I type this, my husband and I have just finished the 294th argument about the amount of magazines haphazardly piled around the house. But I travel a lot for work and while I always have a book with me, magazines are so portable! My daughter is also now obsessed with magazines.

message 3: by J-Lynn Van Pelt (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:45PM) (new)

J-Lynn Van Pelt I do get about a half dozen professional journals/magazines each month. But, it is Entertainment Weekly that has me hooked, especially since they added a multi-page spread in each issue that reviews books. Magazines are just so easy to finish quickly.

So are graphic novels! As I get more and more busy, I find myself leaning more toward fast reads.

message 4: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginasp) | 3 comments Why not check them out at the library? We have around 36 adult, and about 12 young adult magazines that can be checked out. You can sit and read the current one, or wait to check it out when the next month's comes out. We have patrons that do both. We have comfortable chairs to sit in and read them! Libraries offer so much for free!