Skateboarders of Goodreads discussion

Spring is here

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matt (new)

Matt | 18 comments Mod
I've skated twice in the past two weeks, which was nice becuase I was unable to for about two months prior. This week the weather changed to Spring, and it's comfortable to be outside. I'm super pumped about this season. Last year I started back around August, so hopefully this year I'll progress more from starting in April. Skating just once or twice a week will only get me so far, but I'm opitimistic about it.
Since February I've been going to the gym, and did not feel as awkward my first time out a couple of weeks ago as compared to the first time last year, and I feel that I have more pop. I think for this sport you need to be lean and mean.
If anyone reads this, post something, give me some encouragement.
Take care,
Matt

message 2: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (Goodreadscomwheeze) | 1 comments If skating is your passion, you just have to do it. One of my best friends is madly in love with skateboarding, and I encourage him in any way I can. I used to skateboard, but I had a major accident that keeps holding me back.
I was a gymnast who was one of the best and had a habit of skateboarding on the side, I was on my way to the junior olympics when I had a major accident. I broke both of my legs and when I tried my hand at gymnastics again I found that I couldn't. And skateboarding was another major no no.
I let my dreams fall from my fingertips because I was scared after one failed attempt after my accident. I waited to long, and my muscles locked up. Even after grueling hours of physical therapy I couldn't get myself back up.
Skateboarding is your passion, right? Don't let it go, no matter how hard you fall or how soft you do, keep on- get back up and don't let anything stop you. Especially yourself and your fears,
Take care,
Naomi

message 3: by Matt (new)

Matt | 18 comments Mod
Thanks,
It's been awhile since I posted this thread, and skating is a lot of fun. NYC has several parks and the winter has been mild enough to go out on my days off.
-Matt