Chicks On Lit discussion

Book Mark Swap Girls

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (last edited Apr 12, 2008 03:22PM) (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
This is the list of those that I *think* gave a definate yes to the swap. If you dont see your name and you wanted in let me know asap. If you do see your name and you realize you cant let me know asap. There are two Jos one said yes and one said no (I think ;) ).
I have
Amanda
Jackie
Jo
Teri
Beth
Paige
Rolana
Kylee
Michael
Jules
Tera (me)

Thats eleven.
So...... phase two....
Everyone will make TEN (unless someone drops or adds in the next day or so) bookmarks by the 25th (thats two weeks nearly) and that will be the mail day. So get to crackin! Cant wait to see the fun!
I will send you all a message with my address in the next week or so I just dont want to post it for public knowledge.
*edt* to add Jules because Im a goober and forgot how to type her name ;).

message 2: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 0 comments Sorry, I have been a bit of a hermit this week. What is this book swap you are talking about?

message 3: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Not a book swap (although that is a very cool idea) its a bookmark swap. Here are all the details http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show_g... from this thread. let us know asap if you're interested.

message 4: by Jules (new)

Jules (juliemetz) | 27 comments I'm in too Tera! I thought I signed up, but I guess not.

message 5: by MJ (new)

MJ I already went to the craft store I am so excited.

message 6: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Jules you totally did sign up. I have you on my paper but for some reason my mind jumped a beat when I typed it. Stupid me I even commented that everyone would make 10 because there are 11 of us and I only put 10 up. Im sorry. Brain spasm.

message 7: by MJ (new)

MJ is it still 10. I am confused. But that is a normal state of mind for me.

message 8: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
11 people signed up everyone makes/sends 10 (unless you want to make one for yourself) I went back to the original post and added Jules name because I was a goober and forgot it originally.

message 9: by Jo (new)

Jo I am the Jo that said yes. I want to make sure you got the right Jo? How do we do that. I am too "fuzzy" to even try and tackle that one.

message 10: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
lol in my mind i keep it straight by garden jo and cooking jo. each of you belong to a group that has to do with my other favorite things besides books.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) yup, i'm the jo who said no!

message 12: by Beth (new)

Beth Larabee | 52 comments Cool! I'm going to start mine tonight!!

message 13: by MJ (new)

MJ I am all done with my book markers. Yea!!! i had so much fun making them I am going to make more.

message 14: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (findingjackie) | 214 comments eek! I've only done 2! Michael makes me feel bad! :)

message 15: by MJ (new)

MJ I had a lot of free time last week.

message 16: by Rolana (new)

Rolana | 22 comments I plan to finish mine this weekend!

message 17: by Jules (new)

Jules (juliemetz) | 27 comments I totally got inspired on a huge whim. Gonna make duplicates for my book club buddies too!

message 18: by Beth (new)

Beth Larabee | 52 comments I may have missed it, but did you send us an address where you want these sent. I am almost done with mine!! Thanks!!!

message 19: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
I sent off my address to everyone today. I noticed when I went to my messages to send them off there were some message sent to me that I never got notified of so check your inbox and let me know if you didnt get an address for me.
eeeeeek im so excited to see them!!!

message 20: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Don't forget to send off your bookmarks. I have got some messages from some that weren't able to get things done but Ill make up for them so everyone else send them off and i'm super excited to see what everyone comes up with!

message 21: by Beth (new)

Beth Larabee | 52 comments Mine went Postal yesterday! Thanks again for doing this!

message 22: by Jules (new)

Jules (juliemetz) | 27 comments I didn't get mine in the mail till saturday, but they are on their way!

message 23: by MJ (new)

MJ I mailed mine on friday just before the post office closed.

message 24: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 467 comments I SUCK!!!!!!!!! I had a mild disaster strike (just life, I guess, nothing truly tragic) and I didn't get mine finished. Ugh. I'm going to email Tera to ask her what she thinks I should do. But I think you gals are going to have all the fun without me. I'm sooooooo sorry. But they're almost done, and I'm sending them to you when they're finished no matter what!!!!!!!!!

message 25: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (findingjackie) | 214 comments Hey ladies. I'm one of the ones that didn't finish. I had a heart attack on 4/21. Still feels surreal to say that. I got out of the hospital on Friday. I tried to finish and just sneak them in a few days late but my hands are still really shaky, so that hasn't happened.

You guys should post some links to some pictures when you get them! I'm curious to see what everyone else came up with.

message 26: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 467 comments Whaaaaaaaat????? Jackie, dear wonderful woman... Sending you a cyber hug!!!!!!

message 27: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (findingjackie) | 214 comments I know, Amanda. That was about my reaction when I was in triage in the ER.

So, I'm here to say, all those commercials that warn women to take heart health seriously.. they carry a needed message because heart disease is seen as a man's disease but it affects us, too.

message 28: by MJ (new)

MJ Jackie
How are you doing now?

message 29: by MJ (new)

MJ Tera
Feel free to send the bookmarkers I made to those who could not get thiers done. Especially Jackie. She desrves a free bookmarker.

message 30: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 467 comments Oh, good grief. I'm going to the gym NOW! I treat myself miserably. Jackie, I am super glad you're still kicking it with us. That has got to be the scariest thing that ever happened to you!!!

message 31: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Sorry things have been crazy here I havent been on as much. To all those that didnt get them done do not worry one stitch about it. I really never ever want anyone to feel guilt about anything here. It's a bookmark. I will gladly make up for the ones that didn't get done and truly want no one to worry one way or the other. Please please PLEASE no guilt. Life happens and that is the first priority. A bookmark ranks much lower in the big scheme of things. I hope to do this again in the future because I had fun with it and if those that werent able to this time want to try again I hope they do.
I hope you are each feeling better and know that your chicks are thinking of you :).

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) wow jackie! i hope you are doing better!

message 33: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
OHHH MYYY GOODNESS!!!
I got three envelopes in the mail today. SUPER MEGA CUTENESS! I got Beths (totally clever and thank you) Michaels (simply beautiful) and Jules (beyond cool). Waiting on a few more I believe and then I will send them off. Too cool we have to do this again sometime!

message 34: by MJ (new)

MJ Now I am all a twitter with anticipation

message 35: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
I think I got all of the bookmarks that were sent. If I havent mentioned your name and you are still going to send them or have sent them let me know otherwise I will be sending them out Tuesday morning. :)

message 36: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Is it too late to send them? If you send them today Ill hold off on sending them out. Thus far I have only recieved Jules, Michael and Beth. If you have already sent them out Ill wait a couple more days to see if they arrive. Just let me know.

message 37: by KyleeJ (new)

KyleeJ (kylees-journal) I found my envelope of bookmarks in the diaper bag last night. I'll put them in the mailbox today!

message 38: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
LOL Kylee that sounds like something that would happen at my house. No worries as long as I know Ill hold off on sending them out.

message 39: by MJ (new)

MJ I cant wait to get them. My life is full of the simple pleasures

message 40: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Just an Update
I think I am waiting on one more package of bookmarks before I send off. If i dont get them by weeks end Im just goint to send them.

message 41: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Teri I got yours. SO cute!!! Kylee I haven't got yours yet. Do you remember when you sent them?

message 42: by KyleeJ (new)

KyleeJ (kylees-journal) I just called my hubby and he says he dropped them in the mailbox LAST Tuesday. The 'sticky' label probably fell off.... drat

message 43: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
No worries I will send these out this week and save a batch for you. If they come I will mail out yours seperatly to the rest.

message 44: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Thank you for being so patient with me.
In the end I recieved bookmarks from the four of you. I made 3 different bookmarks to try and compensate since you all made ten. I wanted to make the remaing 6 but I ran out of time and figured you guys had waited on me long enough. I hope you enjoy. Keep an eye out in your mailbox.
Thanks,
Tera

message 45: by MJ (new)

MJ Thanks Tera. For going above and beyond.

message 46: by Beth (new)

Beth Larabee | 52 comments Thanks, Tera...You rock!!!!!

message 47: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (jasmineworth) | 3 comments Since someone mentioned it a little earlier, I think a book swap would be super cool! Maybe we could start a thread where people list all of the books they are willing to swap?

message 48: by MJ (new)

MJ I got my bookmarks today and I love them all. They are all so different and wonderful. Thanks you very much but a special thanks to Tera

message 49: by Mich (new)

Mich | 150 comments i'm whining here...
talk about a day late and a dollar short! i would have LOVED to participated in the bookmark swap.. crap! if there's another one i hope i see it before its too late!

think there might be interest in another one? i'd be willing to host?

message 50: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andreag) | 74 comments Mich,

I'd be interested. I was thinking about getting into the last round, but I've been travelling a bit lately and haven't had much time to work on projects.

Andrea

« previous 1