Vampire Romance Lovers discussion

The Twilight Series

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:57AM) (new)

Cassie | 9 comments Mod
Does anybody think that Bella will actually turn out to be a married Vampire or do you think that Meyer is just making us wish that she does? Or will Bella go back to Jacob? I'm starting to get really mad that this Jacob guy totally flipped the heat of Bella and Edward's romance off balance!

message 2: by Molly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:57AM) (new)

Molly i KNOW! because she was starting to feel for jacob, even though you totally know she's gonna end up with edward, it was still annoying because now there's a seed of doubt planted that edwards not the only one she loves. grrr....

message 3: by Cassie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:57AM) (new)

Cassie | 9 comments Mod
Yeah, and now she has doubts about herself becoming a vampire because then she can't be friends with Jacob and that kills her.

message 4: by Molly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:58AM) (new)

Molly and then that makes me sad because i totally think she should be a vampire. i know other people like jacob, but i don't. he's too, i dunno, arrogant, or cocky, or something. but i don't like him.

message 5: by Cassie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:58AM) (new)

Cassie | 9 comments Mod
I totally agree about Jacob! Not only is he stubborn and full of himself, but he doesn't have the same charm as Edward. He doesn't have the patience or the true love that Edward has shown. Then, if Bella becomes a vampire, what else does Meyer have left to write about? Bella is always getting in trouble when she is human and always providing the story's plot. I really want her to become a vamp, though, don't get me wrong.

message 6: by Molly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:00PM) (new)

Molly so do i. i just wonder what her special "skill" is going to be when she becomes a vampire. im guessing that it will have something to do with her crazy bad skills at coordination. i wonder if she will become like jane and be able to control other peoples bodies...... hmmm

message 7: by Cassie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Cassie | 9 comments Mod
I don't think that she will be like anybody else that we've already read about...

message 8: by Molly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Molly possibly. but still! its driving me up the wall!!!!!!

message 9: by Morgan (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:14AM) (new)

Morgan (mlhiggins84) You can reserve copies for Breaking Dawn at your local Barnes and Noble. I know that our store is having a midnight release party and I'm completely psyched. I can totally see Bella becoming a vampire and still being completely klutzy and I really want to be in on the conversation with her dad when she tells him she's getting married.

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa B | 2 comments I really want to see Bella changed by Edward but how annoying would it be if she decided she wanted a life and then the book jumped 70 years ahead to her in her old age leaving Edward (dying)... Ahhhhhhhh I really want a happy ending and i want Jake to find his soulmate!
Cannot wait for the next book i love them so so much!
Stephanie has ruined human men for me!!

message 11: by Starr (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:34AM) (new)

Starr | 13 comments Lisa I agree! I want a happy ending! If she falls for Edwards talk of saving her soul and ends up with Jake at 60 I will be so mad. I want her to have a friendship with Jake and his soulmate! I was frustrated with New Moon when I thought she would end up with Jake. Maybe I am bitter becuase Romeo and Juliet ended badly and I see parallels between that story and this one. I want to know that a love like that can really survive in the world.

Of turning Bella vampire, I have mixed feelings. I know it's the only way she can truly be with Edward, but I fear how it will change her as a person. Though at the same time, I feel like they have a love that was meant to withstand time, so they will grow as a couple no matter what the change does to her.

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa B | 2 comments Hey Starr! I really hope she doesnt i dont think she will in honesty, I think the only option is for her to be changed into a vampire in order to have a happy ending and i cant in any way see her with Jacob at all. I completely agree when Edward brought her into the forest and said Bye i was so annoyed and i never once warmed to Jacob the way i did to Edward even though he was seen as a romantic character did you? I believe it can! I think it will all work out!

On turning Bella a Vampire i think it would be hard for her in the beggining but i see it as a good change, i think she'd have an ability like each one of them and just be part of the family. Their love will keep them strong!

message 13: by Starr (new)

Starr | 13 comments That's a really good point that Bella has a good support system for the change. My concern is whether Edward would be able to forgive himself for taking her soul, and if and when Bella has a few bad days, whether she will begin blaming him for what he's done. Love and hate are closely related emotions. I can just see Meyer having another split between the characters before they find each other again. I just have a feeling I will cry at least once while reading Breaking Dawn!! But I am holding out for a happy ending.

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jen421) | 20 comments Do you really think that he'll be taking her soul? I don't see Edward, or Carlisle, or the other Cullens as soulless. I don't know how much Edward truely believes that he is soulless anymore.

message 15: by Elaine (new)

Elaine Does anyone know when the next book is coming out? I am soooooo excited and almost a little bit hesitant to read it. Plus, is this supposed to be the last book of the series? I hope Meyer doesn't let me down!!!! O, of course she won't, though. It is going to be brilliant!!!!

message 16: by Summer (new)

Summer (summerbp) Breaking Dawn comes out August 8th, and yes it is the last book in the series.

message 17: by Starr (new)

Starr | 13 comments Jennifer, good point. Bear in mind though that Edward and his family aren't the norm and it takes a lot for them to manage their cravings. I guess that opens up the debate can a "good" person not have a soul? There is a big gray area in life and I would like to think that Bella would keep her soul if she were changed, and that Edward is wrong.

message 18: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jen421) | 20 comments Perhaps the baddies weren't all that good to begin with? If you take someone who is, shall we say morally questionable, and turn them into a vampire, then they'd be bad and powerful. Power corrupts. That's just my two cents though.

For anyone (like me) who is a huge fan of Stephenie Meyer's writing and can't wait until Aug. 8 for Breaking Dawn, The Host comes out next month. Not a part of the Twilight series, but I am looking forward to it none the less.

message 19: by Emma (new)

Emma (Amethyst_Vampire) | 1 comments ^ Same here! I mean, I'm hoping it will be good. But when I have my doubts about The Host, I just think about the doubts I had with Twilight and then how I overcame that. Yes I was a vampire doubter *everyone gasps*

I have the sad little fangirl hope that Edward will turn Bella into a vampire, just for my own curiosity. On the other hand, I don't want him to change her. She is giving up her life, and she doesn't seem to realise that. *tuts*

message 20: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (donyelle) This is definitely my favorite series. i read all of the books in less than a week and now i am totally in love with Edward. I do hope Bella marries Edward and she becomes a vampire. For some reason, Jacob totally annoys me. It's the fact that he's basically trying to compete with Edward for Bella...but sorry boy, there's no competition. I am so sad that the series is ending and I can't wait for Breaking Dawn and Midnight Sun to come out. Oh and is Breaking Dawn coming out August 8? I thought it was August 2.

message 21: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I agree about Jacob coming in screwing everything up. I about threw Eclipse thru the wall.

message 22: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I think that Bella won't actually turn into a vampire or marry Edward, despite how much I want her to do both. I agree, Jacob really annoys me too. He's always trying to break them apart, and butt in. I'm also sad that breaking dawn will be the last book.

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jen421) | 20 comments I like Jacob. (Not better than I like Edward though.) Jacob was an integral part of the story. Think about it, Bella's never really dated anyone before Edward. It's not healthy to go and marry the first guy you've ever dated without seeing what else is out there. Now, Bella has checked out her other options, but still chooses Edward. Life is about making choices and weighing your options to make the best choice for you. Jacob was an imortant part of Bella's personal growth. I think the whole episode helped her to grow up a bit. Not to mention she's going into becoming a vampire with her eyes wide open now, something she wasn't doing before Eclipse. Plus her love for Edward has now been tested and come out stronger on the other side.

message 24: by Haylie (new)

Haylie | 5 comments i know what you mean cassie...because like Jacob totally ruined Bella and Edward's love story! This is just a theory i have but...what if Bella finds out Jacob ran away and then decides to go after him??? that would suck! And there is no telling how much longer Edward is going to put up with Bella and Jacob...

message 25: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jen421) | 20 comments I think Bella will turn. Remember, Breaking Dawn will be the last book in the series, so its likely that everything will wrap up by the end of it. Not to mention that Meyer is a romantic, so we'll likely get our happy ending.

And, in continued defense of Jacob. Of course he's not as patient or sophisticated as Edward, he's 16 and Edward is 100. Edward has had time to develop patience, and Jacob is young and still learning. Also, Jacob has just as much right to love Bella as Edward does.

message 26: by Starr (new)

Starr | 13 comments I think Edward has proven he will wait for Bella no matter how long it takes. I agree with Jennifer on the patience comment. I wouldn't be surprised if Jacob does get himself into trouble and Bella has to go to his rescue. The biggest thing will be how will Bella handle the change? I can see the change happening towards the begininng and then Bella being despondent and regretful. Then of course Edward will find her the help she needs to bring her back to her old self. Perhaps Jacob will be involved with that help??? Can't wait!

message 27: by Michelle (last edited Jul 10, 2008 07:28PM) (new)

Michelle Ferrel (mishabean) The first book ended with Bella and Edward and the final book should be the same. I'm getting annoyed with all the 'Do I love him or him?' crap. I follow the OTP rule. Bella and Edward ONLY! I'm so nervous about the ending that I'm going to have my sister read Breaking Dawn before me and tell me whether I should read it or not... because it'll just annoy the heck out of me if Bella ends up with Jacob. And if that happens, I won't even pick up the book. Call me what you want. I just believe Bella loves Jacob but is IN love with Edward. Nuff said.

message 28: by Haylie (new)

Haylie | 5 comments I am a little nervous about Breaking Dawn too, because I do not want Bella to decide to take Jacob instead of Edward. Edward is soo much better than Jacob, (no offence to those who think differently!) and if Bella chooses Jacob she will always think she made the wrong decision because she loves Jacob but she is in love with Edward. There is a big difference!

message 29: by jo-l (new)

jo-l | 3 comments i no i really want bella to be with edward but then she is going to be talking about how she made the wrong desicion. but she nos that she loves edward more but dosent like seeing jacob hurt and alone i think thats the only thing that makes her want jacob the fact that she cant see him sad so she continues to go back to him

if anyone has any other thoughts please share them w/me

message 30: by jo-l (new)

jo-l | 3 comments i think it is august 2:)

message 31: by jo-l (new)

jo-l | 3 comments i agree but i will still read it, but i think that if bella ends up with jacob its not going to end up very well:(

message 32: by Haylie (new)

Haylie | 5 comments All I am worried about is the ending, I want it to come out good and no 'cliff hangers' because I have read way too many books that have them and there won't be another book. I agree, I think Bella knows she will be happier with Edward, just she won't stop caring for Jacob on some level. I just hope she won't be stupid and regret her choice.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

i love the twilight seris! And i hope that they don't scrue up the movie. i love this story

message 34: by Michelle (last edited Jul 15, 2008 07:28PM) (new)

Michelle Ferrel (mishabean) Twilight Trailer! I'm so excited!

http://www.youtube.com/v/xBvOhfL4mYw&...

TEAM EDWARD!!!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I just started reading the series on Thursday and I am in the middle of the 3rd one. I can't wait to see what happens. From what I hear this is the "last" of the series but she is also writing a book from Edwards point of view. On her website you can read a preview from this book. I hope she turns into a vampire. After reading this book I would leave my hubby for a vampire like Edward lol so sexy. hahaha. and jacob just needs to realize that she truly loves edward and back off.

message 36: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Samantha, that's how I felt about Jacob. And Edward is too sexy. That's funny considering this book contains NO sex. LOL

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm almost done with Breaking Dawn, not as good as the rest of them are but still wonderful. This one has sex tho... The sad thing is I could just picture Edward all topless and glowing in the sun lol. mmm... yummy. although the guy they got to play jacob in the movie is yummy also. :-D

message 38: by Haylie (new)

Haylie | 5 comments I finished BD a week ago and it was totally awesome!! There are no words for how awesome it was. Stephenie Meyer did an excellent job on ending the series because Jacob and Edward both got happy endings. I can't wait for the movie!!!

message 39: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I was hoping for sex since they are getting married. They have to consummate the marriage with more than her being turned into a vamp, right?

I kinda flipped thru and spoiled myself but Edward Cullen and sex is right up my alley. LOL. FINALLY Bella's gonna get her wish!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

If only vampires were real! Man oh man... that right there is my heaven. lol. Edward Cullen is just so sexy. I've always had a thing for vamps... my fave is Angel in Buffy (or the show Angel) mmm... yummy. I can't wait for Twilight to come out... I'm so excited.

message 41: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) LOL Samantha. I feel the same way. That is so sad that we have to wish for fictional men.

I'd believe it if Vamps were real, though but as you can see from this comment, I'm weird anyway. LOL