The Bluest Eye The Bluest Eye discussion

Poignant

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samyuktha (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Samyuktha pc I am still reading this book. I am avoiding speed reading, because I need to study this. And Morrison really has the power to tie me down to her book and make me really listen to her. Beautiful.
Let me be honest! I need a variety of views to make my study on this book get some depth.

Raven DeLajour I agree, she does write beautifully. I found myself so caught up in the story. I don't want to ruin the end for you, but the message of the book really hits home.

Simone Beautifully written book. Morrison has a unique gift, she knows how to draw her audience in and hold them captive with every stroke of her pen.

Rebecca K-G The best quote from the book in my opinion is:

"Her voice was like an earache in the brain."

Brandalynn Rebecca wrote: "The best quote from the book in my opinion is:

"Her voice was like an earache in the brain.""

Simone wrote: "Beautifully written book. Morrison has a unique gift, she knows how to draw her audience in and hold them captive with every stroke of her pen."

L O V E iT! ....

Nadosia Grey The style is remarkable and her prose is to die for. The best written book that I've ever read. I didn't like the story as much as her writing though.

Íris The story is simple. Not much movement. I loved about this book the fact that the ones who tell the story are two innocent and young girls who don't really understand what's going on. And poor Pecola... Well, what a life.

Dorcas Graham Morrison knows how to get into the souls of each character, describing and detailing the nuances of each. In the end the story becomes a part of you.

Ashley I had to choose a book to compare with Alice Walker's The Color Purple, and I chose this book. I instantly fell in love, the novel is heart wrenching and beautifully written. Morrison's words are able to touch all of your emotions.

Christine Harsh subject matter, but I always have loved this book.

Tonya Johnson Christine wrote: "Harsh subject matter, but I always have loved this book."

Christine,
I agree. It is a harsh subject matter but a reality for many. Morrison weaves the story well in her magical way of storytelling.

James Fant Toni Morrison, through an amazing voice and powerful prose, made a very true life and tragic tale easier to stomach. Her words wrap around you.