Books I Loathed discussion

Woefully bad sex scenes

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (nickeyblackcat) | 6 comments Gareld's Game by Stephan King. I know this is a little girl being molested by her father but it shouldn't take six goddamn chapters! Oh and the sex scene in the very begging where her husband has a heart attack because his with kicks him in his ragging boner because he trys to force her to have sex.

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 4 comments Holy crap!!! And I thought Diana Gabaldon was bad.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Rachel wrote: "Gareld's Game by Stephan King. I know this is a little girl being molested by her father but it shouldn't take six goddamn chapters! Oh and the sex scene in the very begging where her husband has a..."

Oh, I agree! I quit reading SK for years after reading this book. However, Outlander also makes me sick.

Gerald's Game
Outlander
Lolita

message 4: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 42 comments I would say that Lolita is not badly written sex, rather the enitire premise is bad and disturbing and stomach-turning.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Vanessa wrote: "I would say that Lolita is not badly written sex, rather the enitire premise is bad and disturbing and stomach-turning."

Yes, I would agree.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too Shelley! I tried to read Anna Karenina twice. Once long ago and then again when he kept mentioning it in The English Patient. Both times I got a little more than half way and bogged down in boredom. My husband says that women at long winded and ramble on but he never tried to read that book. I used to suffer to read some books but I refuse to do it anymore. After all I am old and time is short. I read strictly for pleasure now. Anything that tortures my brain or shocks me I quit which reminds me I should take Snow Flower and The Secret Fan back to the library.

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan

message 7: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (versusthesiren) | 8 comments Outlander. Arrrrrgh. I hated how Jamie turned from this innocent, virginal dude who was concerned over Claire's reactions to BIG DOMINATING STUD who beat her and then essentially raped her at one point. D:

Also, One Hundred Years of Solitude. I know it's a "classic," but all the incest, pedophilia, and rape really made me feel ill at points. :/