Summer Secrets Book Club discussion

Summer Secrets > Do you wish you could tell someone your secret? If yes, who would you tell and why.

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Avon/Voyager (new)

Avon/Voyager At Harper Collins (angela_craft) | 6 comments Mod
Cat is burdened by her secrets in Summer Secrets. Do you wish you could tell someone one of yours?

message 2: by Margo (new)

Margo (maothrockmorton) | 1 comments Nope! My secrets are mine.

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane Hernandez (dianereviewsbooks) | 2 comments My secrets are from 30 years ago but still have the power to hurt my loved ones so I think I will just keep them to myself.

message 4: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Lenss (sixybusiness) | 1 comments my secrets are mine, and they are for a reason. I don't like lying but what other people don't know, won't hurt them!

message 5: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (reading57) | 1 comments I pretty much keep my secrets to myself. Looking forward to reading your new book. Sounds great

message 6: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey | 8 comments Angela wrote: "Cat is burdened by her secrets in Summer Secrets. Do you wish you could tell someone one of yours?"

No. Sometimes you are better off keeping those secrets close to your heart and part of your past. You know about it but it's personal and not for public knowledge.

message 7: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey | 8 comments Diane wrote: "My secrets are from 30 years ago but still have the power to hurt my loved ones so I think I will just keep them to myself."

Good choice Diane. I understand and would do the same.

message 8: by Sunnymay (new)

Sunnymay | 1 comments My 87 year old mom told me a secret last night of trying to run away at age 8 with her girlfriend. They got pretty far, but asked for directions at a bar.

message 9: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey | 8 comments I re-read the first two chapters last night. This book is going to be interesting for sure.

message 10: by Diane (new)

Diane | 4 comments Secrets always seem to hurt someone in the end. I can't say that I have any secrets. I have things I have kept to myself that occurred between my ex and I, but not because they are secrets, just things better left unsaid as to not hurt my children.

message 11: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Marks (bmarks) | 2 comments That's what BFF's are for. :) That's how you get a lifetime relationship where you are fully known. I am 52 and have shared various types of secrets with my friends and they have with me, as well. Yes, it's a risk. But, baby steps limit the risk and optimize the connection already there. Real relationship is "the best." I completely understand the fallout to people you care about and have accommodated information accordingly: leaving out a bit of content or not using names. Sharing the big picture vs. the detail

Is it worse to hold the beachball-secret under the water (with all the effort that takes) or is it better to let it float to the surface, staying with it and trust the journey? I've chosen the later and have not regretted it.

message 12: by Susan (new)

Susan (writergirl33) I've never liked keeping secrets, but the few I have, I've tried to keep, with little success. I've got a little sister, and I tell her most of my secrets.

message 13: by Kara (new)

Kara | 1 comments I'd go back in time and tell my 15 year old self. I would love for her to know about some things to come, and to give her a chance to be brave and courageous.

message 14: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Vergison | 1 comments You are brave and courageous!

message 15: by Veronica Marie (new)

Veronica Marie Lewis-Shaw (veronicathepajamathief) | 2 comments Secrets have power. Secrets are power. Most of my secrets are where they belong and who they belong with, but there is one secret I wish I could share. With my wife... my BFF... hell, even my therapist... but, I can't.

It holds all the power.

message 16: by Melissa (new)

Melissa iorio | 14 comments When I was first confronted with this question my first gut reaction was "YES!". Then that question sat with me for so long after it seemed forever. It wouldnt leave my thoughts and I became less adamant about that "yes". Coming back here a few times and now today......there are some I woukd tell if I knew without question that somebody might be detrimentally hurt if they didn't know.

One, I'm still weighing, because I was the one who was hurt and the person who hurt me was because of a secret that was held close. That person wanted it kept, I wanted it told from day one. That person is thriving in life and I'm wasting away in pain from being so loyal to the one who cares not one single bit that their secret destroyed me. To this day I don't feel I'll ever heal if it isn't told.....

Now today, there is one of my own that's huge and it is one I will take to the grave with me. So with each new day that this group is open, I'm finding every day is bringing me new insight. Different answers for different reasons.

With that said, I very humbly say that I'm one of the most loyal, grateful and respectful people in the world. Truly, please don't take that as being anything but humbly said. I have a ton of secrets over a lifetime which I've kept to myself and aren't my secrets to tell. My strong "YES!" Is a secret that belongs to a lot of people including myself and that one I would scream out loud in a heart beat. *Side note: No murders took place as the reason for that last sentence, lol. Other's secrets told to me in the strictest of confidence, you'd have to kill me before I'd tell.

I can't find 'any' of my previous comments and I know they're long, but I did the full challenge & this is the best challenge thread and question I've ever been a part of so I hope my comments weren't deleted. Maybe it's the device I'm using that I can't find them :(

message 17: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 1 comments no, because some things are better left unsaid

message 18: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1 comments I agree Kimberly. Plus, if you tokd only one person, the secret may not be a secret for too long.