The Nerd Herd discussion

Favourite female characters from books and why?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_1486) | 1 comments I want to know what are everyone's favourite female characters from books you've read and why they're your favourite? :)

What did you like so much about that female character?

(I hope it's okay for me to post this here >.<)

message 2: by Chirag (new)

Chirag | 258 comments A blast from the past - theJudy Moody books were brilliant. She was quirky and all round brilliant really. I hope others have read them!

message 3: by m (new)

m (bella_mckenzie) | 1251 comments Mod
Hahah,It's fine Michelle. I always love people posting new topics and what not :D

message 4: by Silvia (last edited May 08, 2015 11:04AM) (new)

Silvia F. (silly99) This year I read The Elementalist by Melissa J. Cunningham . Alisa Callahan was amazing. Such a brave young woman. Totally BADASS, loyal, loving and strong willed. Willing to give up her one true love in order to let him experience life. And on top of it all she fights deamons. Enough said lol.

message 5: by Silvia (new)

Silvia F. (silly99) P.S nice post Michelle :)

Popadora the Bibliophile Celaena sardothien because she proves that femininity and kick-assery can go hand in hand :D

message 7: by Chirag (new)

Chirag | 258 comments Deaver is a great writer. I haven't read any of that series though. :c She sounds like Claire DuBois in 'Edge', also by him.

message 8: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 12 comments I loved Mare Barrow from The Red Queen. She is such a courageous, kind hearted woman. And she can totally kick ass with her lightning!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Celaena Sardothien all the way!!!

message 10: by Amber (last edited Oct 23, 2015 10:26AM) (new)

Amber Martingale | 650 comments Charity Carpenter, Molly Carpenter, Susan Rodriguez and Karrin Murphy for the heroines of The Dresden Files because they kick ass, each in her own way. Charity kicks ass in the "Don't mess with Mama" way while her daughter, Molly, kicks ass with the mind magic. Susan also kicks ass in the same way Charity does, especially in the battle against the Red Court that kicks off the end of CHANGES. Karrin Murphy is a kick ass member of the Chicago Police Department, never mind that she's only five feet tall.

Mother Summer, Mother Winter, Queen Mab, Lady Maeve, Queen Titania, Lady Aurora and Lady Lily for the neutrals: These are the high Sidhe ladies of the Winter and Summer Courts. Never piss off a Faerie Queen! Also for the neutrals: Gard/Sigrun. Ms Gard, also known as Sigrun, is an actual Valkyrie. Never piss off a Chooser of the Slain.

Deirdre and her mother, Polonius Lartessa for the Knights of the Blackened Denarius. These women are ancient creatures with the powers of literal fallen angels who reside in two of the coins Caiaphas gave to Judas Iscariot to betray Jesus. Deidre, in her demonic form, has Medusa-like hair made from surgical steel and her mother has the ability to transform into a human sized female praying mantis... .

Anyone with a basic knowledge of biology knows what happens to MALE mantises after mating!

Take away the coins, though, and these two women will age rapidly and be totally vulnerable to ordinary weapons... .

message 11: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale | 650 comments Sheldon(The Wanderer) wrote: "Yes, but weren't they all trollops?"

Which ones?

message 12: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale | 650 comments His closeted misogyny?

message 13: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh Gallagher (kaybear13) Popadora the Bibliophile wrote: "Celaena sardothien because she proves that femininity and kick-assery can go hand in hand :D"

Agreed :D I love Celeana so much, her story is just amazing and the way she always finds a way to keep fighting makes me admire her even more, she is such a badass.

message 14: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale | 650 comments Kayleigh wrote: "Popadora the Bibliophile wrote: "Celaena sardothien because she proves that femininity and kick-assery can go hand in hand :D"

Agreed :D I love Celeana so much, her story is just amazing and the w..."

Never heard of her.