Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Book Discussion & Recommendation > Looking for female leads!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnarichards) | 2 comments Hi, I love historical romance (Julia Quinn, Mary Balogh, etc.), but I have a hard time finding books with strong heroines. Not looking for femdom stuff, but more of a standard romance with roles reversed. Think of a highland laird who tames a wayward lass - then reverse 'laird' and 'lass'.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

message 2: by PointyEars42 (new)

PointyEars42 | 476 comments You'll probably have luck searching for "virgin heroes" and "beta heroes" too.

message 3: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Chennault (daphnech) | 68 comments Try my new book, Chief - Thief. My female lead character is a police chief.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00VW6X...

message 4: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Chennault (daphnech) | 68 comments Try my new book, Chief - Thief. My female lead character is a police chief.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00VW6X...

message 5: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnarichards) | 2 comments Thanks, Pointy! Knowing the right search terms unlocked a number of good lists.

message 6: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 108 comments I read waking me he Merrow recently and loved the lead in it- I recommend it whenever I can. It is a great read !

message 7: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sophieg13) | 7 comments you must try out The Threshold Child (The Threshold Child, #1) by Callie Kanno best book i have read in a long time with a kick ass heroine as the main character.

message 8: by Ksenia (new)

Ksenia | 13 comments mmmm Outlander...?

message 9: by Karin (new)

Karin Shah | 9 comments Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but my book Halfling A Young Adult Romantic Fantasy by Karin Shah Has a strong female lead. It's essentially her coming of age story with a romantic subplot.

message 10: by Icia (new)

Icia (pttybjrn) | 5 comments They're very long books, and the romance doesn't start until the second book (which you might be able to skip to be honest), AND the history is more like Ice Age, but Jean M. Auel's Earth Children series, the first book being Clan of the Cave Bear. Ayla the main character is about as kickass and strong as you can get, even if she's a bit of a Mary Sue.

message 11: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Black Hi,

I wouldn't normally suggest my own book; but since you're asking, maybe you could take a look at my novel, if you like. My leading female character starts out a bit shy and insecure, but she really develops and turns out fierce (in second book).

Here's the link in case you're interested:

http://www.amazon.com/Souls-Fire-Book...

Sincerely, Vanessa :-)

message 12: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Shemwell | 11 comments Donna wrote: "Hi, I love historical romance (Julia Quinn, Mary Balogh, etc.), but I have a hard time finding books with strong heroines. Not looking for femdom stuff, but more of a s..."

If you're into combining historical romance with paranormal, I've always really enjoyed Alice Borchardt's The Silver Wolf. Beautiful descriptions of the dark ages in Rome coupled with a really great take on werewolves. I really wish the group would read it so I'd finally have someone to talk about it with!