The Mortal Read-Along! discussion

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
This topic is about City of Glass
City of Glass! > CITY OF GLASS: Chapters 7-12.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Emma Giordano (emmmabooks) | 40 comments Mod
Alrighty! So we're on part two of this month's read-along. What are your thoughts so far? Which scene is your favorite. How do you feel about all of the new shadowhunters introduced? (for those of you who have finished the series, remember to keep your opinions on certain characters solely based off of this section of the book ;D) Let us know all of your thoughts below!

- Emma xoxo

Grace | 14 comments Why aren't people commenting anymore? Come on people! So I have and will always love Sebastian... Although currently I'm crying because of what he did. Max! There are days where I just lay down and imagine Max's future. Ugh I'm heartbroken. And imagine what it's like for everyone... I want Max back.

Johanna Grace wrote: "Why aren't people commenting anymore? Come on people! So I have and will always love Sebastian... Although currently I'm crying because of what he did. Max! There are days where I just lay down and..."

UGH I'm so sad about Max. Sebastian didn't just kill Max, he killed ME. *sobs in the corner*

message 4: by Sonia (last edited Jun 01, 2015 12:07AM) (new)

Sonia Ayala | 12 comments Well that was eventful. So much happened. Max dying was sad, but in all honesty I felt more sad for Isabel, Alec, and Jace than I did that Max was gone. He was a cute kid, but as a character I didn't really feel that attached to him. :/

In this section my suspicion that Jace and Clary aren't siblings grew. This is the second time someone has tried to attempt (with their dying breath of course) that Jace isn't...! And they're dead. My guess is that Jace isn't Valentine's son. Maybe this is wishful/biased thinking because I want to ship Clary and Jace, but the more I read the more I doubt that they're siblings. Also just the fact that Jace is supposedly "a monster" stumps me. It just doesn't make sense. He isn't a monster. Sure he goes through depression and self mutilation, but he isn't demonic or evil. I doubt Jocelyn would see Jace, shun him and call him a monster as of now.

Another thing I kind of noticed was that Simon seemingly has two love interests? He's clearly interested in Isabel (and this time he isn't just trying to make Clary jealous) which is noted especially while he's in prison. At the same time though, Maia seems to be a love interest. They clearly had a connection and they went on a date or something didn't they? After watching the liveshow I kind of began to realize how... unnecessary her character seems to be? Her only purpose seems to be so that a) we have a random werewolf character that's around the main casts age and b) Simon has a girl to talk/relate to and possible love interest?

Oh! And Sebastian. I'm kind of disappointed how quickly his dark side showed and that he's so quick to anger. I think I would of been happier if their weren't such blatant "hints" that he would be another antagonist. Like if he pulled this perfect prince act all the way till killing Hodge? That would of been perfect for me. I mean I liked that Clary had a gut feeling he was bad news, but she didn't even need a gut feeling. The guy had spurts of anger, said mean things, and physically hurt her. I still really like his character. I can't wait to see what else he has in store for the group >:)