What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Secret Clues (The Mystery Club, #1)
This topic is about Secret Clues
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. English teen detective series similar to Nancy Drew [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gemgibgob (new) - added it

Gemgibgob | 16 comments This was a series as i know i had a few of the books. However the only one i really remember parts from is the first one.
The main character is new at a school and to make friends she sets up a detective club and puts a notice on the school board for people to join. Two girls do and they all end up becoming fast friends despite them all being very different.
The mystery in the first one is to do with the school they attend and i believe it all comes together because of a painting of the founder of the school (who i would like to say is called Winifred or something similar). They are searching for something within the school and they find a map either behind this picture or actually on the picture itself.
I vaguely remember another one of the books being about a car accident and another about horses/stables.

Young adult and either mid to late 90's or very early 00's.

Thanks!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5006 comments Do you remember anything about the covers?
How were the girls different from each other?

Here are a few series, I don't think they are set in England, however.

Christie & Company series
https://www.goodreads.com/series/4959...

The Nicki Holland Mysteries
https://www.goodreads.com/series/8711...

message 3: by Gemgibgob (new) - added it

Gemgibgob | 16 comments No its neither of those series but thanks for trying!
I cant remember anything at all about the covers.
The girls were different in that one was studious, one was sporty and the other boy crazy.

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4228 comments Mystery Club series?
From amazon review of the first book Secret Clues:
"Holly has just moved from London with her family to live in the countryside of Willowdale in Yorkshire. Being a mystery lover herself she sets up a Mystery Club at her new school. Only two people turn up - and they quickly become the best of friends. Before long they've got a real mystery on their case. It starts off as an art assignment - find out about a painting. They decide to investigate the White Lady painting hanging in the school office"

message 5: by Gemgibgob (new) - added it

Gemgibgob | 16 comments Yes this is it!! Thank you so much, this has been puzzling me for years! Off to amazon to order :) x

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Secret Clues (other topics)