What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. set in haiti/ya/girls grandmother predicts baby gender

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda The main girl is dealing with her families various problems, her brother attempts suicide, I think her mother has either died, or is suffering from depression, one her friends mother's is pregnant and her grandmother correctly predicts the gender...

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5014 comments Maybe Behind the Mountains Behind the Mountains (First Person Fiction) by Edwidge Danticat ?

How many years ago did you read this?
Anything about the cover?
Part of a series?
Genre: historical fiction, fantasy, coming-of-age, etc?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39320 comments Mod
Lucinda, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Lobstergirl wrote: "Lucinda, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

Still looking, but everyone kept asking weird questions that if I knew the answer to, would mean I could find the book myself...

message 6: by Ayshe (last edited Feb 04, 2018 06:22AM) (new)

Ayshe | 4230 comments Lucinda wrote: "Still looking, but everyone kept asking weird questions that if I knew the answer to, would mean I could find the book myself..."

How many years ago the book was read (or some approximation), cover, part of a series, genre are not weird questions in this group. Some people even add that without being asked.

message 7: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4230 comments Nor is the suggestion to check a list weird.

Abebooks' BookSleuth forum has This is a collaborative effort. Nobody here is being paid to find books for others, so we would appreciate if you would stick around and try your hand at solving some of them. Maybe we need something similar on the front page with emphasis on the first part :)

message 8: by Kris (last edited Feb 21, 2018 07:51AM) (new)

Kris | 35178 comments Mod
Original poster left the group. Moved to the "Query abandoned by the poster" folder.