What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. ya book/magic item/gypsy woman/

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Um, the girl meets a gypsy woman I think, and she gives her something, uh, the love interest in the story gives the girl a back rub at one point, they argue over dating protocol.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
When did you read it? Remember the cover? Standalone or series? Remember any plot lines?

message 3: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Standalone
the girl steals the item I think
she and the boy she likes start going out, but then she's afraid the item granted her wish for him...

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33278 comments Mod
Lucinda, around what year did you read this book?

What's the time period and location (country/region/fantasy world)?

Can you tell us more about the heroine and hero - how they meet, rich/poor, powers/skills/interests, family/friends, etc.?

What's the wish? (Spoilers are fine - just give us a clear warning before revealing a spoiler.)

message 5: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2357 comments Would you say this was a YA book or more for adults? Any idea how old the girl is? Gypsies/Romany are present in a lot of countries -- do you recall where the book was set (US, UK, Ireland, Europe)?

message 6: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda it was ya before ya was a thing, us maybe? I dunno

message 7: by Chels (new)

Chels (chelssik) | 12 comments Long shot but A Great and Terrible Beauty maybe?

message 8: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda nope

message 9: by Kris (last edited Feb 21, 2018 07:51AM) (new)

Kris | 33278 comments Mod
Original poster left the group. Moved to the "Query abandoned by the poster" folder.

message 10: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2357 comments Kris wrote: "Original poster left the group. Moved to the "Now we'll never know" folder."

Awwwww.