Literary Exploration discussion

General > Best of 2015

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael, Mod Prometheus (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) | 1255 comments Mod
I just realised we haven't kicked off the Best of 2015 thread.

We have had Best of 2011, Best of 2012, Best of 2013 and Best of 2014 thread and we will need a best of 2015 thread for the group read (next year). I find it interesting to start a Best of... thread early and see what people thing have been great books (that have been released in 2015) through out the entire year.

All 2015 books will go into the poll to pick a group read in February next year.

message 2: by Michael, Mod Prometheus (new)

Books 2015 release I've read so far is Girl at War by Sara Nović

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz Gone girl and the night circus so far. Both made me rave for weeks

message 4: by Michael, Mod Prometheus (last edited Jun 19, 2015 04:47AM) (new)

Liz wrote: "Gone girl and the night circus so far. Both made me rave for weeks"

both were great but neither were published in 2015

message 5: by Liz (new)

Liz Ah so must be published 2015. Sorry. Bugger 2015 books will get read in 2016 or later lol. I have a very big pile of continuous reading

message 6: by Michael, Mod Prometheus (new)

Liz wrote: "Ah so must be published 2015. Sorry. Bugger 2015 books will get read in 2016 or later lol. I have a very big pile of continuous reading"

Perfectly understand

message 7: by Michael, Mod Prometheus (new)

Don't forget to suggest your favourite books that are written in 2015. This will be used as a poll next month to pick February's book. At the moment, it looks like Girl at War will be the only choice in the poll.

message 8: by Sonali (new)

Sonali V The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro & Haruki Murakami 's Tsukuru Tazaki' s years of pilgrimage.

message 9: by J.H. (new)

J.H.  Gordon (jhgordon) My Favorite 2015 release is the unique, wonderful, heartbreakingFifteen Dogs

I am half way through the epic City on Fireand it will likely make the list as one my favs of 2015.

message 10: by Kathy (new)

Kathy I would like to recommend two books that were published in 2015: The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins and The Last American Vampire by Seth Grahame-Smith. Read them both and gave each 4 stars. I would like to read Seveneves by Neal Stephenson and The Fold by Peter Clines. Has anyone read these who can recommend them?