★The bookworms club★ discussion

What is everyone's number 1 favorite book?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diamond (new)

Diamond | 4 comments Was just wondering what is everyone's number 1 favorite book?
1.The name
2.What you thought about it on the first 20 pages, what you thought about it in the middle, and what you thought about it by the time you got to the end.
3. The description
4.If you have recommended it to anyone you know.

Just wondering :)

Katiecakes_sweetheart | 26 comments My favorite book is ignite me! I thought the book was really good because the character development was written very well and the romance was really good, and just everything was awesome!! No I haven't recommend this book anyone yet.

message 3: by ☾ Janelle (new)

☾ Janelle (lunastarss) | 27 comments Mod
hmm...picking a favorite book is always troublesome for me to pick!! but! i have to say The Song of Achilles has to be my favorite so far! On the first 20 pages i was immediately absorbed due to the fact that the main character is already in distress. In the middle i couldn't stop reading! it had my rapt attention and was ideally paced!! and the end!!! THE END!!! I CRIED WATERFALLS. such a tragedy... greek myths are always in the peak of my interest so it was SO good. its basically about Achilles, a famous greek warrior, and his relationship with his beloved Patroclus during the Trojan War. I really love the writing of the author too! And I have recommended it to my friend Sophia. So I hope she reads it!

message 4: by Diamond (new)

Diamond | 4 comments Lunastars wrote: "hmm...picking a favorite book is always troublesome for me to pick!! but! i have to say The Song of Achilles has to be my favorite so far! On the first 20 pages i was immediately absorbed due to th..."

That book sounds good!!! Too bad I really don't like to cry when I read books xD

I haven't decided what my favorite book is yet ( I just bought maybe 10 new books this week and I am thinking one of them might be it!) But so far, I have to go with Dan Brown's (Author of the Da Vinci Code) Inferno. Simply Amazing

message 5: by Diamond (new)

Diamond | 4 comments Lunastars wrote: "hmm...picking a favorite book is always troublesome for me to pick!! but! i have to say The Song of Achilles has to be my favorite so far! On the first 20 pages i was immediately absorbed due to th..."

That book sounds good!!! Too bad I really don't like to cry when I read books xD

I haven't decided what my favorite book is yet ( I just bought maybe 10 new books this week and I am thinking one of them might be it!) But so far, I have to go with Dan Brown's (Author of the Da Vinci Code) Inferno. Simply Amazing

message 6: by ☾ Janelle (new)

The Song of Achilles was so beautiful! I usually hardly cry myself but when I read the end it filled me such overwhelming emotions! I felt so much angst for the characters! And oh!!! I have heard many great reviews about Inferno but I never read it. What's it about???

message 7: by Diamond (new)

Diamond | 4 comments Lunastars wrote: "The Song of Achilles was so beautiful! I usually hardly cry myself but when I read the end it filled me such overwhelming emotions! I felt so much angst for the characters! And oh!!! I have heard m..."

Best book I have ever read, and best book in the Robert Langdon series. (they aren't in any particular order, a lot of people don't know that The Da Vinci Code is actually a series...lol)
You NEEEDDDDD to read it. Here is the summary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferno_...

Sorry for the link but yea lol

message 8: by ☾ Janelle (new)

Diamond wrote: "Lunastars wrote: "The Song of Achilles was so beautiful! I usually hardly cry myself but when I read the end it filled me such overwhelming emotions! I felt so much angst for the characters! And oh..."

woah! that book does sound exciting! i will check it out! thanks!

Katiecakes_sweetheart | 26 comments That book sounds really good!! I'll add it on my to-read list!!!!

message 10: by Renee (new)

Renee Blasey (shygiraffe) Diamond wrote: "Was just wondering what is everyone's number 1 favorite book?
1.The name
2.What you thought about it on the first 20 pages, what you thought about it in the middle, and what you thought about it b..."

1. Maze Runner
To be honest I got bored within the first 10 chapters, but I feel its just a story to introduce the characters and how the situation is compared to all 3 books in one! I've cried and laughed and felt the same emotions with the characters throughout the series! As you may have heard its about a group of boys stuck in a maze they have to actually get out but the question is who is WICKED? Why are they in there? And why out of everything....did 1 girl show up? Full of (my view) Action and Adventure of YA with a twist at the end! MUST READ! I already got my friend Tenisha into the series and cried harder than me (she cried for an entire day for a couple of scenes XD)

message 11: by ☾ Janelle (new)

Ohh! Love maze runner!! I cant wait for the new movie coming up!!

Katiecakes_sweetheart | 26 comments I'm planning to read the maze runner!

message 13: by Renee (new)

Renee Blasey (shygiraffe) To be Honest, just from seeing the movie trailer, its nothing like the book >.> You should read it before it comes out and see what I mean, but I do give credit for making at least a movie for the book, right?

Katiecakes_sweetheart | 26 comments Yeah I want to read them before the second movie comes out

message 15: by ☾ Janelle (new)

Yea yea i agree! I havent read the series in awhile. So i might revisit it before the new movie comes out

message 16: by Renee (new)

Renee Blasey (shygiraffe) The Scorch Trials comes out on the same month as my birthday (just 11 days before it )! I can't wait for it, I'm already on imbd looking at who is playing who and movie trailers with updates!

Have you guys tried Paper Towns? My friend had me read it and next thing I know the movie trailer comes out for that one too! XD

message 17: by ☾ Janelle (new)

Jasmine wrote: "The Scorch Trials comes out on the same month as my birthday (just 11 days before it )! I can't wait for it, I'm already on imbd looking at who is playing who and movie trailers with updates!

Have..."

ive heard about paper towns! it seems interesting!!

Katiecakes_sweetheart | 26 comments My mom read it and said it was good!

message 19: by Renee (new)

Renee Blasey (shygiraffe) I didn't like the ending but I love the story throughout the book with its adventures and a hint of humor, I cried more than anything and could relate in some cases.

message 20: by ☾ Janelle (new)

Jasmine wrote: "I didn't like the ending but I love the story throughout the book with its adventures and a hint of humor, I cried more than anything and could relate in some cases."

i agree! the ending felt kinda rush and not what i expected? i was a little disappointing but now that i think about it, how else could you end the series, right?

message 21: by Renee (new)

Renee Blasey (shygiraffe) True.....there could be a sad ending to it...he could've been evil with this book just to make the readers cry XD

message 22: by ☾ Janelle (new)

Jasmine wrote: "True.....there could be a sad ending to it...he could've been evil with this book just to make the readers cry XD"

yeah...HE COULD'VE KILLED OFF EVERY CHARACTER SO THANKFULLY HE DIDNT.

message 23: by Renee (new)

Renee Blasey (shygiraffe) I wouldn't mind if he did for Paper Towns....OH! Like what if they did get in a car crash BUT! it switches to Margo's point of view and you see how she reacts to them dying as they were finding her? (When I write I usually let the story end with a sad/angry note)

message 24: by Lucie (new)

Lucie | 4 comments I am changing my favorite books very often, so I had many favorite books, but now (and i believe for a long time) is my favorite book The bone season. I really love this book :>

message 25: by Renee (new)

Renee Blasey (shygiraffe) Lucie wrote: "I am changing my favorite books very often, so I had many favorite books, but now (and i believe for a long time) is my favorite book The bone season. I really love this book :>"

Never heard of it. who wrote it and what is it about?

message 26: by Lucie (new)

Lucie | 4 comments Jasmine wrote: "Lucie wrote: "I am changing my favorite books very often, so I had many favorite books, but now (and i believe for a long time) is my favorite book The bone season. I really love this book :>"

Nev..."

Samantha Shannon wrote it. It's about future, where people with special powers (something like binding ghost to yourself and fight with them or just using this power for better art) are hunted by government, but actually there is group of immortal creatures, that control government. And this creatures chatch main character.

It has world with many details and in my country it was quite popular. :)

message 27: by Renee (new)

Renee Blasey (shygiraffe) Lucie wrote: "Jasmine wrote: "Lucie wrote: "I am changing my favorite books very often, so I had many favorite books, but now (and i believe for a long time) is my favorite book The bone season. I really love th..."

It sounds good, I might check it out later this summer :D