What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Cheery Christmas Books

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fred (new)

Fred (a357124) | 19 comments I am looking for Cherry Christmas books. The only condition is that it not have any depressing themes, such as serious illness, death, suicide, etc. It can be anything from YA to regular general fiction. It may seem weird, but I'd like the kind of book that makes you feel like you've drunk a mug of hot chocolate. Thank you.

message 2: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 141 comments Let It Snow was a cute little trio of YA love stories. :)

message 3: by Pamela (last edited May 09, 2015 07:58AM) (new)

Pamela Love | 1077 comments Miss Read (a pen name) wrote just the kind of novels you're looking for. These books are about Christmas in Fairacre, a fictional English village: Village Christmas, The Christmas Mouse, and No Holly for Miss Quinn. Village Christmas The Christmas Mouse No Holly for Miss Quinn

message 4: by Fred (last edited May 09, 2015 07:31PM) (new)

Fred (a357124) | 19 comments Let it Snow sounds interesting. I got a three story book by Miss Read last year. It was exactly that kind of read...really great. Yesterday and Today, I read Snowfall by Shelley Shepard Gray. It was a sweet, gentle, and humorous Christmas novella......and it slightly reminded me of Sound of Music, as well as one of Miss Read's novellas.

message 6: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1077 comments Naomi's Christmas by Marta Perry is a warm Christmas book and I enjoyed it very much, but be advised that it does include a character with a very serious illness.

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate (katiebobus) | 200 comments The Best Christmas Pageant Ever is hysterically funny

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

message 11: by Rory (new)

Rory (rorybaskin378) | 76 comments Greenglass House I haven't read it in a while, but I remember that it had nice Christmas-y vibes.