What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Love, Aubrey
This topic is about Love, Aubrey
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA novel read in 2012 -- girl living on her own writes letters to someone who has died [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (last edited May 07, 2015 04:01PM) (new)

Kate Kilbane | 2 comments i read this book when i was a 5th-6th grader, but it was written for teenagers. What I can remember is there's a girl in her grandma's house (I think the grandma has died), and she spends a lot of time in the attic with her cat, and she talks kinda a lot about eating crackers and cheese. She talks about her neighbor too. I'm pretty sure she becomes friends with her new neighbor and shows them her tree that she sits and writes in. Her family has died (I can't remember how, but I know she has a mom, dad and ?a little brother?). She writes letters to a person that has died or someone that she has made up, and in the beginning of every chapter she writes, "Dear, (that person's name)" then at the end she writes "Love, (her name)".

I think that the title is "Dear (the person she is writing to's name), Love, (her name)"

Also, I'm pretty sure the cover of the book is her in a tree writing in her book; she's wearing converse sneakers and jeans.

THANK YOU! If you can find it, i love you.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate Kilbane | 2 comments Raevyn wrote: "Love, Aubrey???"

Raevyn -- YES! So amazing! Thank you thank you thank you!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Now I'm just happy that it was chosen for my book club last year (otherwise, I would never have read it). Glad I could help! :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Love, Aubrey (other topics)