What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > evil children

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fred (new)

Fred (a357124) | 19 comments I am looking for novels dealing with evil children. I am interested in most genres, but prefer horror. Thank you.

message 3: by Fred (new)

Fred (a357124) | 19 comments thank you, Kagama. That one has been on my shelf for many years, and is a great recommendation, even so.

message 5: by Fred (new)

Fred (a357124) | 19 comments Thank you, Scott. That's a nice collection of books to check out.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

How about Gone? There's a really evil character named Drake who I'm pretty sure is fourteen (though I haven't read these books in a while).

message 7: by Pamela (last edited May 09, 2015 08:08AM) (new)

Pamela Love | 1053 comments It's a short story, not a novel, but well worth a read: "It's a Good Life", by Jerome Bixby. It's a Good Life (This may be a novelization, I'm not sure.) The story is on line.

message 8: by Melanti (new)

Melanti | 333 comments The Midwich Cuckoos? It's the basis of the movie "Village of the Damned."

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

message 10: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1053 comments The Strange Affair of Adelaide Harris, by Leon Garfield. The Strange Affair of Adelaide Harris

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara (saraa205) | 24 comments We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver and The Fifth Child by Doris Lessing are not horror, but creepy all the same.

message 12: by Avaminn (new)

Avaminn F'nett (dawnflower8) | 39 comments Raevyn wrote: "How about Gone? There's a really evil character named Drake who I'm pretty sure is fourteen (though I haven't read these books in a while)."

I agree with this. And Drake is younger, 12 I think? But that series has many, many evil children (including an evil mutant toddler in the final book)

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1532 comments What They Do in the Dark is a psychological thriller about adolescent girls and is thoroughly horrible. (In the sense that the plot is nasty - it's actually very well written)

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

message 15: by GracieKat (new)

GracieKat | 126 comments John Saul has a lot of books that feature evil/psychotic children

message 16: by Brandi (new)

Brandi (bburton131) | 3 comments The Midwich Cuckoos by John Wyndham is good. The movie VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED was based on this.

message 17: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2358 comments Over on Literary Darkness there is a whole thread on Evil Children.

message 21: by The rockabilly werewolf from Mars (last edited Oct 19, 2020 11:06PM) (new)

The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1450 comments Strange Seed
I've also got Katie, Childmare, The Moonchild, Smart as the Devil, and several others on my to-read shelf, but I can't say if they're any good.

message 23: by Ryan (last edited Oct 22, 2020 01:10AM) (new)

Ryan (ryancan564) | 57 comments Red Rain
Children of Fear
The Crucible the kids are teens but I'd think it's passable

message 24: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1576 comments Short story: The Small Assassin by Ray Bradbury.