Editors and Writers discussion

Editing

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne Bannon (goodreadscomjbannon) | 4 comments Hi everyone,

I have over 26 years' experience in the publishing industry as an editor/proofreader and am currently taking on new clients. You can find my website, complete with pricing, here: http://jdn022.wix.com/jeannebannon#!s...

A good editor will take a look at the first chapter or so to assess how much work is involved as well as discuss what type of edit you're looking for. Is it just a line edit or, a more detailed copyedit? I have a range for what I charge depending on the needs of my clients.

I'm an author as well, so I know how hard it is to find a great editor. If you're in need of my services, send an email my way at jdn02(at)rogers(dot)com

message 2: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne Bannon (goodreadscomjbannon) | 4 comments Forgot to add I provide free edits for first chapters or first ten pages (whichever is shorter - and double spaced, please). I want authors to see how I work and what exactly it is an editor does. I use track changes and leave comments in the margins using Word. Please contact me if you'd like a free edit.