What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Twins and the Wild West (Sweet Valley Kids, #10)
This topic is about The Twins and the Wild West
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. 70s or 80s Childrens book Western town [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fred (new)

Fred (a357124) | 19 comments There was a book from my childhood...I grew up in the 80s. I remember children visiting a western town attraction with their grandparents, and being held up by bandits, all in good fun, in going with the theme. One detail I remember is that one child got $3 as spending money, and was going to be down to $2.70 if they gave money to the bandits. I don't know why, but that detail stuck with me.

message 2: by Kris (last edited May 09, 2015 12:43PM) (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
The Twins and the Wild West by Francine Pascal?

Cover image = http://www.amazon.com/Twins-Wild-West...

"Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield and their brother, Steven, are visiting Wild West Town with Grandma and Grandpa Wakefield. It's the best trip they've ever taken. First they change into Western costumes to get into the spirit of the old days. Then they eat in a saloon, visit a mine, and pan for gold! On their way back to town, their stagecoach is held up by the meanest outlaw Wild West Town has ever seen. Steven has been bragging all weekend about how brave he is. Will he be the hero? Or will Jessica and Elizabeth save the day?"

message 3: by Fred (last edited May 09, 2015 04:27PM) (new)

Fred (a357124) | 19 comments Thank you. You may well have solved it for me. Im going to order a copy, since it's not expensive, and get back to you. From the description, that sounds like it very well might be the book. I feel that this is probably now solved, but will know for sure, when the book arrives, and I read it. In fact, oddly enough, I remember reading the description you just posted, albeit many years ago. Thank you much, my friend.

message 4: by Kris (new)

You're most welcome. :) I'll move your request to the "Possibly Solved" folder. If you find this isn't your book, please come back and we'll move your request back to "Unsolved".

message 5: by Fred (new)

Fred (a357124) | 19 comments Thank you. I should have it in a week or so.

message 6: by Fred (new)

Fred (a357124) | 19 comments I just got the book. I flipped through a little, and it is indeed the exact book I was looking for. Thank you again for your help.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Excellent news! Congrats on finding your book.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Twins and the Wild West (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Francine Pascal (other topics)