The Mary Sue Books and More Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
COMIX > Comics: May Week 2

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelly (new)

Shelly | 51 comments So, has Age of Ultron inspired anyone to read anything new? Or maybe go back and read an old favourite?

message 2: by Shelly (new)

Shelly | 51 comments THOR!!!! We know who you are now!

message 3: by Kupo (new)

Kupo Knight (kupoknight) | 2 comments Shelly wrote: "THOR!!!! We know who you are now!"

I told myself I would wait for the issue tomorrow, but my finger already clicked the link. I actually guess right too.

message 4: by Shelly (new)

Shelly | 51 comments Good Guess! I couldn't wait to find out.

message 5: by Clara Bosswald (new)

Clara Bosswald | 17 comments Love the reveal! I kept hoping it would be her. So happy right now!

Ms Marvel was great too this week (as always...)

message 6: by Terpsgrl32 (last edited May 15, 2015 10:24AM) (new)

Terpsgrl32 | 56 comments Ms. Marvel is always a good read. I'm shipping Bruno/Kamala so much even with the probable truth her brother said before. He's just adorable.

Thor- I kind of guessed that they might go the way they did. I think I like Jane more in the comics than the movie. Can't quite explain why but she just really started to annoy me in the Dark World.

Thing to remember- don't read Captain Marvel #15 during your lunch break when you're the only office with a microwave & coffeemaker, there's a conference of 30 some people people, & your desk is the one next to the door because if you're like me you'll probably cry.

Don't remember if Silk was this week or not, but I'm still loving this book, maybe a little more than Spider Gwen. It's one of those I read Silk & I like it better then I read Spider Gwen & I like it better so maybe they're even in my love? Does it matter being 2 awesome female-led spider books?

message 7: by Cagne (new)

Cagne (whitekanye) | 2 comments Does anyone have an idea of how Secret wars will affect Silk, Spider-Gwen and such? As other series are coming to an end, each week feels like the last issue. So Silk will have only one volume, Spider-woman two, Spider-Gwen one?

message 8: by Clara Bosswald (new)

Clara Bosswald | 17 comments Movie-Jane has no chemistry whatsoever with Chris Hemsworth. She spends half her time in The Dark World being possessed by the red thingy and fainting. Comic-Jane faces cancer and the responsibility of holding Mjolnir at the same time. She is a badass.

Silk, Spider-Woman and Spider-Gwen are going on normally.
Here is the list of the cancelled titles : http://www.themarysue.com/marvel-endi...
Some of those titles are turned into Secret Wars titles, others are simply and purely cancelled.

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiebuffam) | 51 comments Terpsgrl32 wrote: "Ms. Marvel is always a good read. I'm shipping Bruno/Kamala so much even with the probable truth her brother said before. He's just adorable."

I am so not shipping Bruno and Kamala! I just don't want to see any dipping into anything near the horrible "friendzone" topic. They are a killer friend duo though :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.