What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Heroine bent on the mission, she doesn't care for love

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nadine (last edited May 07, 2015 04:46PM) (new)

Nadine Grech | 47 comments Ok, so I got inspired by the topic created by Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniacooking, "..at first sight! Heroine don't give a BEEP about hero".

I am looking for a heroine that has a mission to accomplish (can be any kind of mission, working to make her dream come true, fighting crimes, helping the poor and victims or revenge) and has no time nor interest for relationships or love. Or the heroine likes someone (could be the hero) but doesn't act upon it as she considers the mission more important.

EDIT: I want a hero involved, but the romance takes a long time but is worth the wait.

message 2: by Teri-K (last edited May 07, 2015 04:03PM) (new)

Teri-K | 303 comments Do you specifically want her to not be interested in a guy, or just to be focused on doing something and not having a relationship? (If you get the difference.)

message 3: by Nadine (new)

Nadine Grech | 47 comments Teri-k wrote: "Do you specifically want her to not be interested in a guy, or just to be focused on doing something and not having a relationship? (If you get the difference.)"

I prefer if there is a little bit romance but I don't want it to be the main story. I want the main story to be about her mission (whatever that is) but I'd like a hero to be involved. It makes one (me, at least) more looking forward for the two to get together, if you know what I mean. Basically, the romance happens at the end, after she did what she wanted to accomplish.

message 4: by Michelle °O° (new)

Michelle °O° | 154 comments The third book in the Poughkeepsie series Saving Poughkeepsie has Eve Hart... she hated/loved Becket and kept to her mission.

I don't think you would have to read the whole series either. Even though they are connected I believe you could read this as a stand alone.

message 5: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Anderson (shinimegami23) | 6 comments We just read a trilogy of books for my bookclub that I think fit this perfectly, and they were really great Sci-fi books.

Here is the first one:
Fortune's Pawn

message 6: by Teri-K (new)

Teri-K | 303 comments It's been a while but I think the early Magic Breaks books are like that. She meets Curran in the first one and he's interested in her, but she's not so sold on him. Mostly she's coping with her life and job and all.

Naked in Death is like that, too, for the first book. Then they get married, though Eve still focuses more on her job than Roarke, most of the time.

Lady of Devices series might work, too. There's really no romance at first, though there are a couple of possibilities. She definitely focuses on other things, but isn't a man-hater or anything.

message 7: by Ella (new)

Ella | 2 comments I also like books that hint at romance here and there but make you wait a while (sometimes a few books) before it goes anywhere.

I'll second the suggestions of Ilona Andrews's Kate Daniels series and Rachel Bach's Paradox series.

You might also like Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series and The Others by Anne Bishop which is my favorite series ever.