Insomnia Book Club discussion

Random Chit Chat > Fanfiction Central

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

Jennifer | 1553 comments Mod
Read a fanfic that you liked but want to share it? Wrote a fanfic that you want other people to read? You can do both of those things here.

message 2: by Angie (new)

Angie | 189 comments If anyone is looking for some Sookie and Eric fanfics, just let me know! I can give you links for some of the best unpaid writers on the web, and not a one of them is me! They have both True Blood and SVM (the books) stories. Oh and there's a new site some of the ladies I adore are involved with that helps you find authors that you lost track of, most likely because they left fanfiction.com. I can find some Twilight stories too, but most of those are all human, alternative universe type stories.

message 3: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

haha nice angie. are u talking about archiveofourown.org or a different one? LOL some ppl just use tumblr to make their fanfic posts too.

message 4: by Angie (new)

Angie | 189 comments Most of these ladies use livejournal or Wordpress. Here's the link for all the authors that one of my favorites is friends with plus a bunch more. https://fangbangersanonymous.wordpres...
My favorites are KJWrit, ericizmine (she passed away about a year and a half ago, but she was an amazingly talented writer!!), and MakesMyHeadSpin. KJ and MMHS are like total bffs and get each other going with new story ideas, which means they end up with tons of unfinished stories, but I know KJ has a link for people to download her completed stories, as do quite a few other writers. One of my favorite Twilight writers took everything down because she's started publishing them similar to how 50 Shades was done, but her stories are hella better!! I'll have to ask her if she's let the word out about it being a fanfic in its previous life, and if so I'll post a link to the book on here somewhere.

message 5: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

didnt know livejournal was still popular O_O. i remember it was really popular when i was a teen but then 50 million other blogs came out and ppl were going in diff directions. aww D: poor thing. haha thats cute @ best friends. i would of never guessed u were a twilight fan angie XD. i used to just read tomb raider and resident evil fanfics then i quit and now im glued to the 100 fanfics -falls over-

message 6: by Angie (new)

Angie | 189 comments Twilight actually pulled me in to the paranormal world. And when I didn't have enough money to buy books much, I read fanfic, starting with Twilight then moving on to SVM. I tried a couple other things after that, but I just couldn't find anything that interested me and had good stories. There's an SVM fanfic that was being rewritten to be a book. It's giantly huge. It could be 4 or 5 books easily!! I can't await until it makes it out in print! Last I heard she wasn't completely sure it would be published, but it was amazingly written and I think she'll do well.

message 7: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

Ooooh. SVM? LOL omg wow that's definitely huge! That's awesome XD. I have a friend on tumblr who write really good fanfics. Once theyre finished with idk if its one or two of them but it's being submitted to some kindle thing for stuff like that so u can read it like an e-book on ur kindle. wish she used goodreads so yall could meet her but she doesnt really unfortunately lol

message 8: by Angie (new)

Angie | 189 comments Yeah, I know of a few really great SVM writers. I really stepped back since one girl passed away. I've only read one or two things from KJWrit since then. She has a ton of stories, many of which are still in progress because her mind is so ADD when it comes to her stories. It gets a little crazy trying to figure out what she's working on.

message 9: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

what does SVM stand for? aww =/. owwie that sucks

message 10: by Angie (last edited May 16, 2015 04:23PM) (new)

Angie | 189 comments It's southern Vampire Mysteries, which is what Charlaine Harris calls her book series about Sookie.

message 11: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

ooooh i thought it was called Sookie Stackhouse bc thats what goodreads has the series listed as. thanks for the info angie XD. its so hard to believe that the same books that i kept seeing in an old book store (when it was still open) when i was 16 ended up being turned into a tv series. it seems like forever ago haha

message 12: by Angie (new)

Angie | 189 comments I would have to check, but I think the series was started in the late 90's. Oops, sorry, May 2001. So it's still been 14 years since it came out. Apparently the story goes that Alan Ball picked up Dead Until Dark, the first book, in the airport I believe and read it on his trip from LA to New York. he was hooked and read the first three books immediately. But that's all he ever bothered to read, so that's why the show varies so much from the books after the third season. But that is 100% a subject you don't want to let me get started on, because i can go on for HOURS on how wrong the shows are compared to the books and how they could have been better if only... And how bad the books got after a certain point. Of course that's all my opinion, but it's an opinion of mine that is shared by almost every fanfiction writer I know ;-)