2017 Reading Challenge discussion

Fall of Giants (The Century Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about Fall of Giants
15/Book with 500+ pages > Fall of Giants by Ken Follett

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charlotte Weber I was worried going into this book when I saw the list of characters at the very beginning of the book. I was worried that there were too many to keep track of and wondered how on earth Follett was going to be able to keep each story line going. I was happy to see how well each plot line was interwoven in the story. All of the characters were connected in some way which made it even more interesting to see just how small the world can be. Follett took on a huge task of dealing with the lead up and fall out of World War I. It really made me question some of the beliefs I've held, especially concerning this particular conflict and that is something I was treasure from a book. I can't wait to read the second book in the Century Trilogy.

Anne I completely agree!
I hope to finish the whole trilogy for the trilogy category.

Charlotte Weber That's a huge undertaking! Good luck!

Anne Thank you :-) I've already finished Winter of the World and liked it too (maybe a little less than Fall of Giants but it's hard to compare anyway), now I'm waiting to buy Edge of Eternity because I have other books I want to read first...
What about you? Have you read them yet?

message 5: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Johansson (dakkster) I have it sitting on my shelf. I intend to read it next year and I'm really pumped about it.

Charlotte Weber Yeah, they're definitely on my list to read next year. I already have the rest of my books lined up to finish the challenge this year.

Katie | 12 comments I loved this book. I haven't finished the trilogy yet but I recently read "Eye of the Needle" by Follett and LOVED it!

Anne I finally finished the trilogy and it's great, check https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/....