The Very Omnibus Bookclub! discussion

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
This topic is about Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
Buddy Reads! > Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Katelyn Broad (katelynb) | 717 comments Mod
Sarah and I have decided to do a buddy read for Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews and we would like for anyone who wants to join to do so. The movie comes out next month and here is the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qfmA...

message 2: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer | 248 comments I have this one! I'd love to read it with you guys but I'm just trying to keep up with getting back into reading and getting thru the two books of the month. Are we going to try and structure this one? You know, like certain number of pages by a certain day.

Jennifer wrote: "I have this one! I'd love to read it with you guys but I'm just trying to keep up with getting back into reading and getting thru the two books of the month. Are we going to try and structure this ..."

We can if that will make it easier for you! I'll let you decide on the page numbers/chapters we should read, I'm down for anything. :)

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy Harmon | 28 comments Katelyn wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I have this one! I'd love to read it with you guys but I'm just trying to keep up with getting back into reading and getting thru the two books of the month. Are we going to try an..."

I can't keep up with the book of the months but I definitely don't mind sharing what I'm currently reading and seeing what others are reading to add to my future list.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy Harmon | 28 comments Katelyn wrote: "Sarah and I have decided to do a buddy read for Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews and we would like for anyone who wants to join to do so. The movie comes out next month and here ..."

I try to read books after I've seen the movie, unless it's at least a year apart. The books are always better than the movies so I always end up disappointed in the movie if I read the book first. That's part of why I'm waiting to see The Longest Ride: by Nicholas Sparks -- Reading Sidekick until after I watch the movie. We're trying to plan a double date for it so we probably won't get a chance to watch it until the weekend of May 23rd.

Amy wrote: "Katelyn wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I have this one! I'd love to read it with you guys but I'm just trying to keep up with getting back into reading and getting thru the two books of the month. Are we..."

No worries, we understand. :) I have a ton of books on my TBR list too. Plus, I've generally already read at least one book of the month so I kind of get a break there.

Amy wrote: "Katelyn wrote: "Sarah and I have decided to do a buddy read for Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews and we would like for anyone who wants to join to do so. The movie comes out next..."

I've luckily been able to learn to separate the books and movies. I don't think you have a choice after 8 Harry Potter movies.

I just read 50 pages of this book and it was really easy. Definitely going to be a fast read. I like it so far. There is a lot of swearing (Warning for some of our more sensitive readers-nothing wrong with that!!) but I find the main character to be a good mix of likable, relate-able and a total jerk.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 579 comments Mod
Katelyn wrote: "I just read 50 pages of this book and it was really easy. Definitely going to be a fast read. I like it so far. There is a lot of swearing (Warning for some of our more sensitive readers-nothing wr..."

thanks for the warning :)

I'm done. I rated this book 3 stars although I may raise it later. I don't really know what to rate it. It was good and I like that it has a surprise ending (in the epilogue-small but surprise). It definitely has a ton of language in it and his friend has a dirty mouth on him but no actual sex.