Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Chaos of Choice: Book 1: Blood and Fog
This topic is about Chaos of Choice
Fantasy > Chaos of Choice

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaeleb (last edited May 07, 2015 10:09PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kaeleb Appleby | 8 comments Are you sick of the modern new-agey books that look good but turn out to be a disappointment?

Search no further!

With Chaos of Choice I have focused on bringing back the magic and adventure of the classic fantasy tales like Lord of the Ring, Icewind Dale (R.A. Salvatore) and The Witcher novels by Andrzej Sapkowski.

Chaos of Choice "is a tale of Age defining events, and the people who are involved in those events. It is a tale of personal choice and the illusion of choice. When we make a decision is it really our own, or are there external factors and subconscious manipulation that decide what we will choose?

In a world of ancient grudges and new threats, of religious bigotry and racial segregation, an ambitious military organisation plots against the stubborn rulers of the realms.

For many years relative peace has existed between the six realms of Essinendeür. But no longer, the old hatreds are rekindled in a vicious fashion and it seems the realms will tear themselves apart in a bloody war.

Lieut, a single minded warrior sets off to complete his purpose, his mission. A mission that will cast the nations into darkness. But through an unfortunate chance he discovers that he has developed the freedom of choice. Something he has never known. But is it really his choice? Or is there something else at play that he does not understand?

With chaos following wherever he goes, Lieut has to come to grips with the changes in himself, his new found freedom and the chance to change the fate of the world."

Check it out today! Leave a review! And tell your friends about it!

Thank you for your support! :)

http://www.amazon.com/Chaos-Choice-Bo...

message 2: by Kat (last edited May 07, 2015 02:12AM) (new)

Kat The synopsis on the book description reads like a schoolboy's essay.

If the book itself reads like that, I dare say it's not destined to become a classic.

Also, Kaeleb, you joined goodreads only this week. That means we cannot judge how well versed you are in the topic, but so far I have not seen a single post from you (across several groups) that discusses any literature whatsoever. You just spam this book.

Personally, I need quite some more convincing before I take a chance on this book.

Kaeleb Appleby | 8 comments Kat

Everyone has a different writing style that works for them. Some may like mine, others may not.

I am passionate about my book becoming a classic and I will work until I die to make it so.

I have only just begun my journey as an author and am fairly novice when it comes to online blogging and promoting of my work.

I welcome constructive feedback and encourage people to leave a review on my work so I may always improve.

Thank you for your comments, and have a nice day.

-Kaeleb LD Appleby

message 4: by Kat (last edited May 07, 2015 03:10AM) (new)

Kat That convinced me a bit more :-)

I may be wrong and you're the next Rowling.

message 5: by Brian (new)

Brian Foster (bwfoster78) | 191 comments Kaeleb,

I tend to be more likely to check out a book from a marketing post like yours if:

1. The author includes a link to the book's Amazon page. If I were interested enough to buy it, the fewer clicks to get me to that end result, the better.

2. The author includes a description of the book. I don't really care if the author wanted to create a classic fantasy or not. I want to know what the book is about and if I like the characters.

Hope this helps!

Brian

Kaeleb Appleby | 8 comments Thanks for your comments Brian, I have adjusted my post accordingly :)

- Kaeleb LD Appleby