The Malazan Fallen discussion

Malazan Chatter (General stuff) > Only in book 2 & Seen a major spolier

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Josh (new)

Josh | 5 comments So I was online, FB to be exact and accidently came across a massive spoiler, I think, and I'm very bummed cause I'm only on book 2. Obviously this isn't the whole story and all but it hurts. Any advice?

message 2: by Rob, Quick Ben (new)

Rob (robzak) | 1055 comments Mod
There is a lot more to explore than any single revelation in the series. Most of my personal enjoyment was the journey anyways.

But it's a tough read, and easy to get dissuaded.

message 3: by Josh (new)

Josh | 5 comments Yea, I'm still in for the long haul and I love Erikson's writing style and the Malazan world so far. But it stings, I'm usually pretty good at avoiding spoilers.

message 4: by Rob, Quick Ben (new)

Yeah. I'm pretty spoiler sensitive. As a result I'm pretty confident our discussion threads should be safe if you avoid the threads for books you haven't read yet.

message 5: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin (ben21) Heh theres way too much going on and way to many story threads for any one spoiler to be considered massive.

message 6: by David (new)

David (davk) | 44 comments Benjamin wrote: "Heh theres way too much going on and way to many story threads for any one spoiler to be considered massive."

This.

message 7: by Josh (new)

Josh | 5 comments Is it safe say? I take it everyone in here has read the series?

message 8: by Rob, Quick Ben (new)

Use spoiler tags please.

message 9: by Josh (new)

Josh | 5 comments (view spoiler)

message 10: by Rob, Quick Ben (new)

Ah. Yeah well that's not too bad imho.

message 11: by Josh (new)

Josh | 5 comments Well Rob your making me feel better, I must say, and like I said I'm only on book 2 and have a long way to go and many many plot threads to experience. Just thought it was pretty big. Thanks

message 12: by Rob, Quick Ben (new)

This series has a ridiculous number of characters too. Lots to like and follow.

message 13: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin (ben21) Josh, thats a pretty minor spoiler in the grand scheme of things.

message 14: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Elder (tumblehawk) | 1 comments As someone who had that spoiled for them as well, I can guarantee you it won't detract from the experience of reading it. Onwards!

message 15: by James (new)

James Tivendale (youandi) | 28 comments I have been reading these books and now on book six. Have been made known of a few spoilers - but usually from when you google the characters lol. If anyone has played Final Fantasy VII, I had played it for 40 minutes and some fool from university said, Yes, cloud hangs with her, they lose each other, they meet again and then SHE dies. (Don't wanna ruin this for ppl who haven't played FFV before for the remake). Either way - at that stage I decided I hate spoilers A LOT. lol. x

message 16: by Zach (new)

Zach Loutensock | 7 comments I'm reading the bonehunters, halfway through right now, and I somehow saw a spoiler involving Anomander Rake in Toll the Hounds. I'm really disappointed. How should I handle this??

message 17: by Rob, Quick Ben (new)

Tell me the thread name and message number.

message 18: by Zach (new)

Zach Loutensock | 7 comments Not on this site, I was just doing some exploring online. I guess what I'm really asking is how major is this spoiler?

message 19: by James (new)

James Tivendale (youandi) | 28 comments I think I know the spoiler you are talking about and I knew about it before hand too. It doesn't distract from your enjoyment of the story and there is a lot more to it that what you have heard. Of course carry on, so much in the series to enjoy. Private message if you want to discuss the details of the spoiler more so we don't give anything away here.

message 20: by Lee, High Priest of Shadow (new)

Lee (kiwifirst) | 1508 comments Mod
The story is so epic, with so many characters, that knowing any one or two for events would have little impact on your overall enjoyment.