2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Yes Please
This topic is about Yes Please
. Week 26: Memoir > Yes Please by Amy Poehler

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Renata Drummond (23drummond) | 30 comments So I've heard so many good things about this book that I decided to try it out. Amy is funny, and the book is somewhat entertaining. But I detest biographies, I knew that going in but I gave it a shot anyways. I'm not really that satisfied with my choice, but I suppose I could have done worse. I think I would have trouble with any book I chose for this category.

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I just read Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling, and I loved it. Mindy was funny, and cynical, and entertaining, and it was just awesome! I bought it immediately from Amazon. I've heard a lot about Yes Please, and since it's by another funny person that I have never heard of, like Mindy, I'm excited to start! Just got it from the library, so... I'll let you know what I think!

Renata Drummond (23drummond) | 30 comments Just saw your review of Yes Please, guess you didn't enjoy it just like me. It was one the first books of the challenge I was disappointed at.

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) Me too! Well, I mean, so many of them have been so rewarding and awesome, but this one is my first 1-star book! :(

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) Seriously, in my history of ratings, it's the first book I've given 1 star.

Jacki I didn't care for this book either. The same week I read it I read Tina Fey's Bossypants - MUCH better.

Elín Birna (elinbirna) | 34 comments I read this book too for this week (not reading them in order though), and I actually enjoyed it. I can understand though where you are coming from, I had high expectations and it didn't really meet them. I thought the chapter on the stand-up background was a little long winded, but I loved a lot of her stories and her explanation of the title. She seems to have a big heart and a great outlook on life.
Really want to read Bossypants though :) It has been on my TBR list forever...

Hannah Norman (hannahnorman) | 49 comments I read this book as well and was not impressed. I had hoped for so much more as it had garnered a lot of really good reviews! It took me a really long time to get into. Poehler came off as rather annoying at first. About halfway through it got much better, but I still couldn't shake off the first half.