Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa, Moderator (new)

Vanessa Wester | 94 comments Mod
Post your memorable reviews here :)

message 2: by Vanessa, Moderator (new)

Just read The Girl on the Half Shell (The Half Shell, #1) by Susan Ward
The Girl on the Half Shell and loved it! Bonus is that it's FREE at the moment.

Amazon www.bookgoodies.com/a/B00KBK4S98

BOOK REVIEW

WOW... I am emotionally drained. This book has it all. What an incredible story.

Chrissie Parker is the daughter of famous rock star, Jack Parker. She is a very confused and traumatised 18-year-old girl, who carries a burden from years earlier. She believes that she had something to do with the death of her brother, Sam, and has self-harmed numerous times to help deal with the guilt that she feels. This is so sad and is portrayed brilliantly in the writing.

She is about to audition at Julliard to become a cellist, like her mother, and heads to New York with her crazy best friend. However, before she does she meets Alan Manzone, a rock star on the brink of disaster, who has been helped back to the road of recovery by Jack for the last few months. The attraction is instant and fate decides to give them a helping hand by cancelling her flight the next day. Alan comes to her rescue and gives her a lift on her private jet to NYC.

Chrissie is out of control and Alan is frankly too old for her (10 years older) but the chemistry that develops between them is unstoppable. I was totally hooked and loved how their story develops.

There are a few scenes that annoyed me a bit. She has a lot of baths, he washes her a lot, and the sex develops too fast and becomes too extreme considering her limited experience. I would have thought that if Alan truly loved her he would have realised she was really just out of being a school girl. These issues could have been avoided if she’d been in her early twenties, but I understand why it worked better to catch her when most vulnerable. Even so, at times I honestly thought he had pushed the boundaries in the relationship too far.

Saying this, Chrissie acts irrationally a lot. She is not a stereotypical girl. She does not do what you’d expect. I love this about her. We can all act a bit insane at times.

The ending is fantastic. I will not give a spoiler, but it is not what you would usually expect. Chrissie grows up and makes the right decision. Alan has helped her on many levels and it’s wonderful to see so many issues potentially resolved.

Overall, I found the author on Goodreads and asked to review her book! I am SO glad she let me do this and am so lucky to have come across this book. Definitely recommended, but not for those who can’t stand references to ‘Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll!’

message 3: by Vanessa, Moderator (new)

The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani The School for Good and Evil

My review THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD & EVIL by Soman Chainani
Good and evil just got blurred!

http://westerreadsandreviews.blogspot...

message 4: by Vanessa, Moderator (last edited Jun 26, 2015 03:16AM) (new)

Whirlwind Love Libby's Journey by DiDi Hendley Whirlwind Love Libby's Journey

This was an enjoyable story about a woman, Libby, who has lost a lot in her life and yet is blessed by good fortune. Her acts of kindness and generousity make you instantly like her a lot, and her attraction to musician, Joe, makes for an interesting romance. She is also a redhead so of course I instantly related to her - being one myself!

Their love story is so natural and sweet that I loved the way it progressed. The line between attraction and friendship is beautifully done, and so discrete - refreshing in the currant climate where erotica seems to seep into so many stories that do not warrant it. In this case, the way their relationship evolved worked wonderfully and I have to admit that I cried at the end.

I don't want to give a spoiler, but you should read this book if you enjoy books that tug on the heart-strings.

At times, I wanted a bit more description. This is the reason it did not score a five. Especially, when she sees the balloons. I thought it needed more. Minor thing though.

*~I thank the author for giving me a copy for an honest review via Goodreads~*

http://westerreadsandreviews.blogspot...