The Well in the Garden Poetry Group discussion

Taking Submissions for Baer Books Press

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise (last edited May 06, 2015 07:46AM) (new)

Denise Baer Hello All,

I'm accepting poetry submissions for an anthology. Below are the specifics.

Submissions – Deadline May 31, 2015

Please submit poems and/or lyrics to have published in an anthology under Baer Books Press. All proceeds will go to Futures Without Violence.

The subject of the poems and/or lyrics should be about violence. It can be about violence itself, bullying, its effects, preventive teachings, and/or triumphs. Traditional form or free verse are both acceptable. Deadline is May 31, 2015.

If you are interested, please submit your poem(s) or lyric(s) to denise@authordenisebaer.com.

Please pass it on to anyone you know who may be interested. Thanks.

edit: To give a little more information, this is what I had posted to my blog.

"Now onto something else poetryish. I’d like to collect poems and/or lyrics from anyone interested in having them published in an anthology under my Baer Books Press. If I collect enough interest, authors will have an “About the Author” page alongside their poems. All poets will receive copies of the eBook in “mobi” and/or “epub” form and proceeds will go to Futures Without Violence. The subject of the poems should be about violence, and you can get an idea from the “Our Work” menu on the site. It can be about violence itself, its effects, teachings to prevent it, and/or triumphs, and it can be in traditional form or free verse."

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura Crean | 246 comments Mod
Thank you Denise - it's a great opportunity and I hope you got mine

message 3: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer Laura, I got it and responded. Thank you so much. These poems I'm receiving hit hard.

On top of supporting Futures Without Violence, I hope these poems will at least change one life.