YALC 2015 discussion

Books and Authors > Recommended books..

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Moore (michellebcf) | 49 comments Mod
Looking at the authors attending, are there any books which you'd definitely recommend?

Or do you want to find out more about an author? For example, are you looking to try one book of a new author, but you're not sure which to try?

message 2: by Dani (new)

Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism) (danireviewsthings) | 22 comments Hey all, I've just finished the Divergent series and need something a little (or a lot) lighter to bring me up from that. Any recommendations from our YALC authors?

message 3: by Michelle (new)

I tend to go for the darker ones, so I'm not sure. Have you read Geek Girl by Holly Smale?

message 4: by Michelle (new)

I tend to go for the darker ones, so I'm not sure. Have you read Geek Girl by Holly Smale?

message 5: by Dani (new)

Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism) (danireviewsthings) | 22 comments No, but Goodreads and Amazon seem to like it, and I am definitely on the geeky end of the spectrum. I'll check it out, thanks!

message 6: by Michelle (new)

My daughter likes it, and she's hard to please! ;)

message 7: by Jess (new)

Jess | 5 comments I would definitely recommend All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher and The Bone Season (and The Mime Order) by Samantha Shannon.

message 8: by Dani (new)

Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism) (danireviewsthings) | 22 comments I read the Bone Season books and loved them! I'm actually waiting for the bus to go pick up signed copies from the Waterstones in Sheol I. (I take great pride in living here :D)

message 9: by Jess (new)

Jess | 5 comments I went to The Mime Order signing in Birmingham in Feb. Samantha was lovely and I enjoyed the Q&A.
Hoping to see her again at YALC :)

message 10: by Zareena (new)

Zareena (zareenatheslantedbookshelf) | 16 comments The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski is absolutely amazing! I seriously can't recommend the series enough :D The Bone Season is also pretty epic.