What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Finding 2 Children books. Dollhouse Horror and Dream Fantasy

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rei (new)

Rei | 1 comments Hi. Sorry if I did this wrong.. I'm new hear.

I'm searching for 2 books titles. I read them back in primary school in about 2002?

The first one is a dollhouse horror story. I remember it was a hard over book with a pretty dark looking cover. Pretty generic, I mean, you have a creepy doll trying to harm the owner, who is a young girl and her mother. If I recall correctly, the dollhouse was burned in the end? I think the girl had tried to get rid of the doll to no avail. But that's about it. I think it may be too generic to actually find the book.

The second one is actually a series. I distinctively remember it was a story a bout siblings or friends who are transported to another dimension while sleeping. In this dream state, the kids had to protect something.. the city? from evil forces. At one point in time I think one of the kids went missing and the rest had to save him before their time ran out. I think the book was paper back, with covers that were purple with a golden frame around the cover art and silver stars dotting the book. I remember that it was around 2002 and the series was not completed. Then I lost track of the series in the library.

I'm hoping I can find these books again so I can read them again.

Thank you so much.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
Rei, since you're looking for two different books (or series), you need to separate this into two requests otherwise it gets too confusing.

I'm assuming these are by different authors?

message 3: by Lou (last edited May 06, 2015 03:32PM) (new)

Lou Rocama | 432 comments The traveling to another world while sleeping sounds kind of like City of Masks, though the first book only has one person traveling to the other world (each book adds one more person from our world to the cast).

City of Masks City of Masks (Stravaganza, #1) by Mary Hoffman

message 4: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
For the dollhouse one, maybe Sweet Miss Honeywell's Revenge: A Ghost Story although first published in 2004 so maybe too late.

But yes, please make two separate requests! If it takes awhile to find one or both of these you could end up with a confusing thread of messages.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
It's already confusing because you have one suggestion for each book. Separate now!

message 6: by Donna (new)

Donna Moore | 96 comments The dollhouse book may be "The Haunted Dollhouse" by Susan Blake (part of the Twilight where darkness begins series). I have only seen a paperback, however, it may have been a hardback originally. It has danger to a girl and her mother, also a fire.

The Haunted Dollhouse

message 8: by Cupcakedoll (new)

Cupcakedoll | 274 comments The second one could be the Seven Sleepers series by Gilbert Morris, but they're overtly Christian and the OP didn't mention that.