The Book Vipers discussion

The Woman in White
This topic is about The Woman in White
Group Read Archive > Classics Group Read (pre 1900) - The Woman in White - May 2015 - NO SPOILERS ALLOWED

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul (halfmanhalfbook) | 5459 comments Mod
This discussion thread is now open. No spoilers please.

Pink I have this on audiobook, so think I'll listen slowly throughout the month...it's 24 hours, 38 minutes long, so an hour a day should just about do it.

Laurie I have the audiobook and the ebook, both of which I have started but haven't gotten very far yet.

Pink Still have 21 hours to go....

Pink 13 hours to go now and I've been enjoying this immensely. The first 2-3 hours were slow going, but it's got better and better. Still slow, in a typical Victorian style, but I'm really involved with the story. Is anyone else reading it this month?

Pink It was long, but I finished. I updated on the other thread I think, but after the first 3-4 hours I really got into it and couldn't stop listening. I think that audiobooks are very well suited to lengthy Victorian novels. Good luck with it!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I am reading this on my kindle and currently 67% of the way through having just got to a major plot twist, though I have to confess to having seen that coming for a while before it happened.

I am only tolerating putting it down because I have to work and look after my child!!

message 8: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Mcgee | 209 comments I am switching between the audio and written version of this. Partly because I think I will never get to the end of the audio book! I am enjoying it.

Debbie | 585 comments I adore Wilkie Collins and this is one of my favourites. I have read it so many times. I would like to indulge again but just don't have the time. I think May has been a bit of a write off for me as far as reading goes.