Birthright Series by A.P. Jensen discussion

Book 3 Speculation > "Sketching" Book 3!!

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.P. (new)

A.P. Jensen (authorapj) | 59 comments Mod
Okay everybody! This is it! I am finally ready to tackle the third book in the series and I need your help! I am outlining the third book and knowing which characters you are extra curious about and what questions you have about people/places can really help me shape this book.

When I was writing Heart of Shadows I was talking to my sister about it and she told me that one of her favorite characters is Gideon. "He's not in Heart of Shadows," I said. "WHAT?!" she snapped. So, because of her input, I put that scene with Jordan and Gideon on the beach in Paradice and everything kind of fell into place from there. So... hearing who you love or have questions about is really helpful so I can bring them into the spotlight if I forget about them.

I'm also terrible with names, so in this group I may ask for names for characters and drop tidbits about The Academy, scenes, etc!

Also, I want this to be a forum where everyone can talk to each other as well! I thought Goodreads might be a better place to meet than Facebook because we're all on Goodreads anyway, right? Feel free to ask questions about everything/anything and start other discussions!

message 2: by Antonia (new)

Antonia Treto | 35 comments What i would love is more intractions between Jordan and Mr. Parker.

message 3: by A.P. (new)

Antonia wrote: "What i would love is more intractions between Jordan and Mr. Parker."

You got it! The whole first chapter has the both of them! :)

message 4: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (savvygirl84) | 23 comments I would love more Daniel and Jordan interactions or Daniel, Jordan, and Levi interactions. Also it would be great to get more background on Levi and Daniel or at least scences from their perspective.

message 5: by A.P. (new)

Savannah wrote: "I would love more Daniel and Jordan interactions or Daniel, Jordan, and Levi interactions. Also it would be great to get more background on Levi and Daniel or at least scences from their perspective."

I never thought of doing scenes from their perspective... I think I can do that ;)

message 6: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (savvygirl84) | 23 comments I'm re-reading the books right now. I was wondering about the soul ties and if we're going to get a bit more of an understanding about them? How some sorcerers and grounders are fine but others fall. Is there a possibility Jordan and Daniel are a true match? If so....if they ever do consider a soul tie to each other is it possible to be alive without a soul (since Jordan has half a soul missing)?

message 7: by A.P. (new)

Savannah wrote: "I'm re-reading the books right now. I was wondering about the soul ties and if we're going to get a bit more of an understanding about them? How some sorcerers and grounders are fine but others fal..."

Great question, Savannah and one Mr. Parker and Jordan are addressing right now ;) I don't know if we'll fully understand the repercussions of the soul tie until later books, but they're figuring out what this means for Jordan in the present and how to manage it. As for Jordan and Daniel, they have a lot to talk about!

message 8: by Antonia (new)

Antonia Treto | 35 comments I'm wondering if you could talk more about what Mr. Parker's birthright is and whether Jordan has it or. not.

message 9: by A.P. (new)

Yes, we will definitely talk about the birthright in this book!

message 10: by Antonia (last edited May 11, 2015 08:58PM) (new)

Antonia Treto | 35 comments In this book will Mr. Parker be more overprotective/helicopter parent of Jordan? 

Will Jordan meet Mr. Parker's mother and her Star's parents?

Does Jordan take Knight to the Academy?

Will you be putting Kelly and Heath's POV?

message 11: by Savannah (last edited May 11, 2015 09:13PM) (new)

Savannah (savvygirl84) | 23 comments Antonia those are good questions. I can't see a visit with Dononvan's mom going very well by the way Gideon talks about her. I be a little afraid Jordan might set her hair on fire, lol. I think I would want to know is if her secret grounding with Daniel will come out? No one knows. I would imagine Yale king would be happy with it but Mr. Parker and Levi not so much. I'm also wondering about Daniel and Jordan's guatrdian (Zeus & Knight) something major is going to happen. I wonder if other families are experiencing a guardian waking up?

message 12: by Antonia (new)

Antonia Treto | 35 comments Savannah With the grounding Jodan & Daniel did, then the feedimg of power she did for Micah. I don't think Mr. Parker is going to be happy at all. I have a feeling that Donovan is against anything Jordan did/will do with sorcerers.

message 13: by Antonia (new)

Antonia Treto | 35 comments Since Donovan seems against grounding, Kelly seems pro grounding. When I read book 2 it seems like Kelly was kind of pushing Jordan soul tieing/grounding for Micah. Will Donovan find out what Kelly told Jordan? If so how will the conversation/agrument go?

message 14: by A.P. (new)

All great questions, guys!! Keep them coming!

message 15: by Antonia (new)

Antonia Treto | 35 comments Since everything that happened with Jordan from being found, her trying to runaway, the ceremony disaster, running to the master/rouge sorcerer, being kidnapped, the overdosing on the blue pill, etc.

How is Donovan making sure Jordan will be protected from everyone including herself?

Who does Donovan trust other Health to watch over her 24/7 when he and Kelly is not around?

Will Donovan trust Jordan by herself anymore?

Since everything that has happened, does Jordan retreat into herself more?

message 16: by Antonia (new)

Antonia Treto | 35 comments Knowing that the academy is full of students with significant elemental power, even though they might have no idea how much damage the can cause. Teenagers can be moody, they have arguments that could lead into physical fights. Knowing that they can use their powers against each other.

How do you keep them safe from the outside world but also from each other?

Will they have guards? (four being powerful pure elemental to go against a sorcery/grounder if they are involved in fights, and show up if the argument is serious enough as a precaution)

Will Jordan have to go to a different type of orientation because she is a grounder and they have more rules to follow because of safety concerns?

What is the procedure to restrain and gain control when and if a sorcerer/grounder loses control?

message 17: by Antonia (new)

Antonia Treto | 35 comments Does Jordan try to runaway again?

message 18: by Antonia (new)

Antonia Treto | 35 comments My main reason I want more scenes in this book between Donovan and Jordan is because they're pretty much still in the not strangers area. I would like to see Jordan or Donovan take an step or even move or even an inch in the right direction with creating a bond/father daughter relationship even if its just like saying 'Hey', just causal conversation. I would like to possible see Jordan becoming comfortable and more relieved around being by Donovan, Kelly and Heath. I guess what I'm trying to say is o want her to feel or start to feel safe with them.

message 19: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (savvygirl84) | 23 comments I was wondering if we will see Luthor in the 3rd book? Will he and Jordan cross paths again? He was In the first two books. As much as I distrust his character I feel better knowing what he is up to than not.

message 20: by A.P. (new)

Savannah wrote: "I was wondering if we will see Luthor in the 3rd book? Will he and Jordan cross paths again? He was In the first two books. As much as I distrust his character I feel better knowing what he is up ..."

Unfortunately, yes, Luther will be in this book. :) That smarmy bastard!

message 21: by McKenna (new)

McKenna | 10 comments Pls respond to these comments. I'm dying to read the third book, please, by the love of god, please finish the third...

message 22: by Antonia (new)

Antonia | 3 comments I check every couple of months hoping that the 3rd book has been published or if there is any update on A.P. Jensen mutil-platforms. So far nothing.

message 23: by McKenna (new)

McKenna | 10 comments Antonia wrote: "I check every couple of months hoping that the 3rd book has been published or if there is any update on A.P. Jensen mutil-platforms. So far nothing."

I know, it's disappointing AF