101 Books to Read Before You Die discussion

The Boxcar Children (The Boxcar Children, #1)
This topic is about The Boxcar Children
Completed Children's Reads > Boxcar Children

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alana (alanasbooks) | 1189 comments Mod
Please post your thoughts here.

I read nearly this entire series as a child and loved it! Of course, reading it as an adult, it all seems rather silly and obvious and the endings are too neat and tidy, but they are a great start to children's mysteries and for getting kids to read. Anyone else have fond memories of these, or have enjoyed reading them with your kids?

What a sweet re-visit to childhood! A story of siblings who are unrealistically kind to each other, sharing, resourceful, and a little too picture perfect in all their friends and family, but a fun children's adventure nonetheless. Who didn't want to have their own little boxcar home as a child?

Pallavi (bookfetisher) I agree Alana. A boxcar or any such kind of hiding and living out on own was a dream of every kid I guess. I too with my cousins had such a hide out but it was no secret and when someone wanted to find us, came straight there.
I too found the kids too caring on each other, but who knows , maybe kids do become protective of each other when they do not have anyone to look after them.
I saw there too many books in the series and i wonder if ever will I find time/those books to read!!

It's an interesting series, definitely geared to younger readers. Warner only wrote the first 19, the others by ghost writers at the publisher. It's kind of like The Land Before Time; they never get older!

Pallavi (bookfetisher) He he ... Ok